The Patriot Has Been Cosmetically Enhanced

Having bought the car for £2.5 K I have spent a further @ £2.2 k since last October

BEFORE

Mechanically sound but looked a bit weary and needed some TLC. Bumper fitment was pretty poor and needed addressing.

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

and this was with the 17's on....

DSC01045.jpg

AFTER 6 MONTHS

Made a fair few changes of late to the auld girl

New rear spoiler sprayed and fitted.

Rear strut brace installed

Cusco 22 mm ARB fitted on stiffest setting

New standard springs fitted ( which is a long story ! was told they were Eibachs)

Bought very good nick STi alloys with sticky Advan rubber

IMG_4017copy.jpg

Fitted Performance Creation flaps with Prodrive Decals

IMG_4050copy.jpg

IMG_4041copy.jpg

IMG_4038copy.jpg

IMG_4059copy.jpg

IMG_4029copy.jpg

IMG_4017copy.jpg

New front bumper which fits like a glove round the FMIC and has been sprayed.

IMG_4026copy.jpg

New fog covers sprayed and fitted

IMG_4025copy.jpg

New Private Plate – a steal @ £99

DSC01608.jpg

The new alloys don’t look as good as the 17’s I still have in the garage but braking should be improved and the tyres are nice and soft with a stiff sidewall.

Thanks to everyone for advice of late

Cal

p.s I was doing well until my old boy bought this beast on Sunday http://calum-shand.fotopic.net/c1667838.html . Should be unleashed at KH soon. 360 bhp per ton or so !

looks good Cal,

fog light cover and mud flaps go well.

i liked the silver 17s too, the gold looks a bit lonely in a car so clean and silver...

here's an idea and probably a scottish scoobies first......... what about RE-tangoeing the lights, add a splash of yellow to match the gold wheels? ;):D

Looking good Cal ;)

When swapping the rear spoiler did the new one match the holes from the old one?

Yes - direct fit with no mucking around Paul. Used all 4 existing holes and wired up no bother. Used silicone to seal the edges and prevent water ingress at the holes

St3ph3n - it's a beast all right. Has integrated throttle bodies which can be heard a mile away. Decatted zorst = many a pop n' bang - seriously jealous ! He can drive too

Yes - direct fit with no mucking around Paul. Used all 4 existing holes and wired up no bother. Used silicone to seal the edges and prevent water ingress at the holes

Hmm what condition is the old one that you removed?

Its just that i am toying with doing the reverse of what you have done.

About the wheels - I ought to say that, despite preferring the look of the silver 17s, I respect the fact that you're enjoying some of the on-the-road benefits of smaller rims. Bigger ain't always better, etc ;)

For similar reasons, I would no sooner swap my OEM 17s for larger alloys than I would exfoliate my scrotum with a rusty cheese grater.

About the wheels - I ought to say that, despite preferring the look of the silver 17s, I respect the fact that you're enjoying some of the on-the-road benefits of smaller rims. Bigger ain't always better, etc ;)

For similar reasons, I would no sooner swap my OEM 17s for larger alloys than I would exfoliate my scrotum with a rusty cheese grater.

:D:D:P:D:P:hl::hl:

On the issue of smaller alloys - just out from a right good blast to clear out to cob webs now that most of the salt has departed.

Even on standard springs, the combination of stiff sidewalls and the ARB mean hardly any body roll yet a very pliant ride. These Advan tyres remind me

of the RE070's that I used to have on my bugeye. Tram line a fair bit but very very composed. I have finally got rid of most of the understeer I had before.

This now means I can prod the fun pedal early in a corner. The fact I'm on standard springs means that you get some mild oversteer from the rear end which can

be nice to exploit when required.

KH should be ace fun - not been on for over a year but now in a faster, lighter car with stronger brakes so it should be scalp tastic !

Col - will give you a comprehensive answer tomorrow.....you'll just have to "weight" ;) Talking of waiting....how long will it be before I want a TD05-18G and 6 speed box :rotfl:

The Super7 is pretty lairy and apparently only to be trusted in the dry. My Dad ( John) has booked up for Hot Marques on the 25th so we'll see how she handles then. She has a big brake upgrade

and mega sticky Avon rubber so shall inspire real confidence. You should hear the individual throttle bodies and decat zorst - sublime !

edit - beat it Granty ! :lol:

Edited by ~ ~ Cal ~~
Col - will give you a comprehensive answer tomorrow.....you'll just have to "weight" ;) Talking of waiting....how long will it be before I want a TD05-18G and 6 speed box :rotfl:

Get used to being called a lightweight Cal.

Of course with less weight any mods you make will even more of a difference. Mod away but keep it reliable if not sensible.