Type R

Sure looks the part buuuuuuuuttt

* Exedy Racing Twin Plate Paddle Clutch

* RCM Flywheel

No such ting as a twin plate paddle that I've heard of and if it is a twin plate it comes with it's own exedy flywheel.

Price is a bit high but thats just the starting point isn't it.

Jim, you've got some pr!vate ma!l btw.

if i had a garage to put it in i would get a mkI or II rs andy

Jimser, if you had the money for a good one of these, then you would be close to 22b money.

I'm no expert on Type R's, but my money would be on the black one simply for the mods on it. Change the wheels right away though - too much black. I can't understand why the blue one would want to look like a P1 (lovely cars though they are), if you have a Type R, it is special in it's own right.

cheers for the replies guys,so whats the difference between a wrx and sti type r?and whats the story with ones

with a roof vent?are these v-limited editions only?

all very confusing for a lard a*** boy :(

To add to the confusion some more, some with the roof scoop are Type R/RA, these were the ones supplied to Prodrive for the purposes of being converted into Grp A or N cars. The others with the scoop are V-Limited's

Hope this helps :D

Jimser, if you had the money for a good one of these, then you would be close to 22b money.

I'm no expert on Type R's, but my money would be on the black one simply for the mods on it. Change the wheels right away though - too much black. I can't understand why the blue one would want to look like a P1 (lovely cars though they are), if you have a Type R, it is special in it's own right.

yea craig they do go for silly money but still a few reasonably priced

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/735658.htm

cheapest 22b still 17k,still a few going though the jap auctions but with the exchange

rate as it is it works out cheaper to buy here.same with all imports at the moment,my spec c would

cost around 3k more to import this year compared to last.

agree on the p1 splitter but seems to be a common addition to the type r's.hard to find a totally

untouched one in this country

To add to the confusion some more, some with the roof scoop are Type R/RA, these were the ones supplied to Prodrive for the purposes of being converted into Grp A or N cars. The others with the scoop are V-Limited's

Hope this helps :D

i thought the type R RA thing was only a myth?

all very confusing :(

all very confusing :thumbup:

yup, it had been confirmed from a guy in japan on type RA site who got it direct from subaru that there was never a impreza marketed as a Type R RA, but i know squirrel is a switched on cookie when it comes to all things subaru lol so its got me wondering again?

yup, it had been confirmed from a guy in japan on type RA site who got it direct from subaru that there was never a impreza marketed as a Type R RA, but i know squirrel is a switched on cookie when it comes to all things subaru lol so its got me wondering again?

It was never released officially for sale but the were made available.

Refered to numerous times in the Hyper Rev publications, will work how to operate my scanner and put up the pages that refer to the RA Version of the Type R

Identified mainly by being Blue, the extra seam welding and plated diffs