Type R

right guys thinking about stepping back in time and getting a type r.

always fancied a 2 door and a 22b is out of reach so this is the next best thing i think

since i've only had newages i'm not too clued up(yet)in the whole classic thing

so whats the best version to get?how much power will they take on the standard block?

do the 5 and 6 have the strongest g/box and best heads?im sure you get the idea lol

let the education begin :o

Version 3 or 4 would be my choice more aggressive cams than the 5 and 6 IIRC reckon you could get 400 out the standard block but your gearbox will suffer

Good choice by the way im after one once ive sold my car am sure the man with the Banana Bomber will be along shortly he will keep you right

Gordy

cheers gordy

just wondering why some others rate the 5 and 6,was the gearbox/casing stronger in these?

V5 or 6 for my money.

Yes, the 3's and 4's have more agressive cams but phase 2 cars car the better blocks, heads, gearboxes, managment and in my opinion looks.

A hundred years ago when the only mod my car had was a backbox it ran a 12.9 at crail. Nuff said.

thanks colin,pretty impressive time for a standard car with the short ratios.

are the 5/6 a straight ecutek remap then?

cheers dunk starting to get somewhere now

i actually "think" the gearbox internals are slightly stronger as well, but there seems to be a bit of debate on this one

the block is good for 400 or so (depending on the previous use it has had)

Edited by Ac!D
i actually "think" the internals are slightly stronger as well, but there seems to be a bit of debate on this one

the block is good for 400 or so (depending on the previous use it has had)

No debate as far as I'm concerned.

Fewer teeth but bigger and wider. If you saw the two next to each other you'd pick the phase 2 as the strongest no doubt.

i`ll be finding out soon enough, i have a TY754 from a P1 sitting down at Zen`s waiting to get sent up :o

Nice one mate, hope you never get to see the inside of it tho.

rtm4676 - yes they can crack around the plug holes but if they haven't done it by now they're not likely too. For what it's worth all of the big power classics run them.