Car Not Starting

went to head out a couple of hours ago started the car and let it heat up with the turbo timer set to three minutes (keys out) went to start it again and its not playing ball, its turning over ok so not the starter, getting prime from the fuel pump ok so not the fuel pump,what would be next to check could it be the spark plugs?

think its crank sensor next to give spark. funny foo its was fine one minute and nae the next. another possibility could be coolant sensor hence why its started when cold but being funny once warmed up. ony bother afore starting.

nope no probs when i parked it up last night, started first time round this morning, just wouldent start second time round once it had heated up a wee bit

might be worth trying just noo.

if it was coolant sensor its maybe cooled down again noo. will leave a code eventually if its it. you will have same problem starting again though if you drive anywhere and stop though.

bar that or the crank sensor im oot of ideas and somebody mare techy will need to take over.

ohh just remebered you have simtek so i dinnae ken onything about that.

Have you checked the ECU for stored codes yet?

Do you know about connecting the 2 wires under the dash to read the codes, if not is all in the scoobypedia under ECU, the subaru specific fault codes are there also.

Cheers Iain

will look into this tomorrow, have just sourced a Cam sensor and new plugs but will need to wait till tuesday before i can pick up a crank sensor might as well get them all done at once TBH, the plugs are only a year old so will try the cam/crank sensors first

just been out looking for the ECU stored codes, every thing seems to be connected up already though where are these http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Kno...ngECUCodes#toc3 black connectors at?

Hi mate, sorry for the delay in reply, chances are the black single pin and green double pin connectors have been tucked up into the wiring loom under the dash on the drivers side, if you have a careful look you will find them they are defo there mate. When you find them connect just the black singe pin ones together and turn the ignition on and count the 'check engine light' flashes slow = x10 and fast = x1 so eg 2 slow and 3 fast = 23 and so on. Multiple codes will have a slight pause between codes.

Hope this helps and I hope you find the wires as it could save you a lot of time and hastle if the ecu can point you in the right direction.

Cheers Iain

Hi mate, sorry for the delay in reply, chances are the black single pin and green double pin connectors have been tucked up into the wiring loom under the dash on the drivers side, if you have a careful look you will find them they are defo there mate. When you find them connect just the black singe pin ones together and turn the ignition on and count the 'check engine light' flashes slow = x10 and fast = x1 so eg 2 slow and 3 fast = 23 and so on. Multiple codes will have a slight pause between codes.

Hope this helps and I hope you find the wires as it could save you a lot of time and hastle if the ecu can point you in the right direction.

Cheers Iain

will check under the dash tomorrow once its daylight again, cheers for the help so far though ;)

finally got round to changing the plugs today and finally it runs again, yayyyy :o

Nice 1 Dunc, mine was extremely lumpy in driving the other day, kept stalling and wouldnt go into any gear for about 2 minutes. It had been sitting for a good few days though in minus temperatures. I think it was just punishing me for ne keeping it nice and warm :)

Now go have some fun in that snow :lol:

Rich

What was wrong?

it cut out on friday and refused to start again, tried a few different things all of which failed, changed the plugs today and away it went :o

Now go have some fun in that snow :lol:

it snowed here tonight for about an hour :P

then it had melted an hour later :)