Car Not Starting

yup took it right out along with the washer bottle :)

The only reason I ask this mate is that by removing the battery you have mabe reset the ECU (I say mabe because I am not familiar with Simtek) and cleared any fault codes you had and that is why the car now starts not because you have changed the plugs if you get my meaning.

Cheers Iain

The only reason I ask this mate is that by removing the battery you have mabe reset the ECU (I say mabe because I am not familiar with Simtek) and cleared any fault codes you had and that is why the car now starts not because you have changed the plugs if you get my meaning.

Cheers Iain

i tried it as soon as i replaced the battery but it was still a no go, didnt know about resetting the ECU though, it wont have affected my map will it

i tried it as soon as i replaced the battery but it was still a no go, didnt know about resetting the ECU though, it wont have affected my map will it

No it will not have any effect on the map only the fault (volatile) memory, did you say the car was running now though or have I missed a post, I really dont mean to be so nosey but I am always interested in faults and how they are resolved.

Cheers Iain

No it will not have any effect on the map only the fault (volatile) memory, did you say the car was running now though or have I missed a post, I really dont mean to be so nosey but I am always interested in faults and how they are resolved.

Cheers Iain

yes the car started first time (after a jump start. battery was flat) after i put in new plugs ;)

got to take them out and put in the right ones now lol ;)