New Impreza

Hi

After having my 02 bugeye WRX for a year i decided to try and get a classic impreza as these had grown on me for the last few months. So i kept an eye on pistonheads for swaps and tried to sell it and got some dealers advice from some local garages to find out that my bugeye wasn't really worth that much!

I was offered a few UK 2000 Turbos but was looking for something alittle different. I was offered a 1995 import sti type ra with some mods which i considered and got plenty of pictures from the seller and asked the wife's opinion for a full 2 seconds after which i had to leave as an ear bashing was coming!!!!

Last wednesday i made my way down south to check the car out and possibly do the deal which i ended up doing.

Thought i'd post some pictures of the car and get some reaction on it and to see if it was worth swapping for a 02 bugeye WRX i'm relatively new on here so hello everyone. Plus i could be doing with some info on the DCCD (what settings to use)

nokia505edited.jpg

nokia510edited.jpg

nokia502.jpg

nokia503.jpg

nokia506.jpg

nokia509edited.jpg

nokia507.jpg

Got some plans for it already but it has had alot of work done to it but first i'll get it on a dyno and get a Bhp figure.

cheers steve

Edited by steveairdrie

Yeah the car has been mapped for the decat and uk fuel, there is a big difference between this and my bugeye even although my bugeye was kicking out about 265bhp. it's 122000km's which is about 75000miles

The car is really good to drive but trying to get used to the DCCD settings although i'm glad i went ahead with the swap

cheers steve

The car is really good to drive but trying to get used to the DCCD settings although i'm glad i went ahead with the swap

I'd swap a bugeye WRX for an RA in a heartbeat, much more hardcore car, the way scoobies should be.

I always keep the DCCD to the rear and hardly use it. It does have its uses though so best to read up on it.

Very smart RA by the way, looks to be in very good nick :P

Rich