New Seats Fitted

Hi Folks

I managed to get my seats installed without too much hassle. The first one was tough cause I didn't know what I was doing, the second was done in a fraction of the time.

Some pics:

Drivers Side

drive-side.jpg

Passenger Side

pass-side.jpg

Rear Shot

rear-1.jpg

Subframe

frames.jpg

Review

The new driving position is not very comfy as you'd expect of course but when you have some neck issues like me, it could become intolerable; time will tell. The driving position is much lower, so I have another 4 inches of headroom which is handy for when I roll the car onto its roof allowing me to circumvent the death-trap 3 point harness installation :huh: The driving experience feels a bit more raw (for want of a better term) as every little bump and ridge is felt through the seat - I thought it was uncomfy before!

I now have no seatbelts in the front of the car as the clips are attached to the old seats. This means that harnesses will have to remain in the car at all times. Not great if your a passenger in the front as you have to go through all that rigmarol and not pleasant for those in the rear either, as they have to negotiate a seating position around the death trap 3-point harness intallation :huh: A good point of this is that now the cables are disconnected, there is no annoying BEEEEEEP when the seat belt is not clipped - Oh No I'm going to ride everywhere now with no belt fastened and die :D The only other worry is the airbag light remains lit since I have disconnected the SRS - Oh NO and evern bigger death trap! One wonders how I will ever manage to get from point A to B with such a dangerous car!

In Summary

I have yet to fully test this set up and as a result of the seating position, I might actually be forced to remove the seats and go back to the standard ones - though I really hope not!

Thanks to:

G4ry for supplying the seats; ybracing for supplying the subframes and to myself for fitting them without too much fuss <--- HAHA!

Edited by TheWelsho
When you say the seats are not very comfy in what way do you mean? Can you not adjust the seat postions so that its better for you?

They look good though :huh:

Cheers Paul. I mean lack of padding and coz they don't recline, I have to sit more upright than usual which hurts my neck. Might just need to get used to them :huh:

Cheers Paul. I mean lack of padding and coz they don't recline, I have to sit more upright than usual which hurts my neck. Might just need to get used to them :huh:

John i cant see your side mounts in the pictures but are there any holes so you could adjust the angle of the seat slightly. Drop the back of the seat down or raise the front up if that makes any sense.

John i cant see your side mounts in the pictures but are there any holes so you could adjust the angle of the seat slightly. Drop the back of the seat down or raise the front up if that makes any sense.

they are attached to subframes, not side mounts so they lie flat, but tilted slightly forward. There is no way to drop the back down, unfortunately. :barf:

Wher are the rear of the harnesses attached ? I certaily wouldn't have them at that angle !!!!! :rotfl:

going to attach them to the rear seat belt holder thing on the back seat to increase the angle. Bear in mind this is a road car, I'm not doing sensless speeds or driving in competitions or anything.

They look minted mate!! :huh:

thats what i hate about my car is the inside, but youres looks

the dogs b@11@ks now!!!

Thanks man :huh:

Seats look great but why after the saga of the harnesses do you still have them mounted in such a dangerous way??!

As stated above, will have a go at attaching them to the seatbelt clip thing on the back seats. Im not putting in bars or anything, it a daily runner, so I have to keep it reasonable sensible until its paid off and I have a nice new Beemer and then the scoob becomes a track car. That's the long-term plan, but we'll see.

Love the seats :barf: loose the harnesses untill a cage can be added :D

Thanks - no cage - its a daily runner.

Edited by TheWelsho