Defi's Need Fitting, Help Required Please.

Got some BF DEFI'S(boost,oil press and temp,Controller Etc :lol: ) and Pod coming next week, need them fitting, any reccommendations in the Lanarkshire Area????? I have the "Garage" in Wishaw(dont know what they are like).

Would also pay if anyone fancies fitting them for me, as long as they get done correctly i do not mind who does it, heard it is a simple job but i am as technically minded as cheese,lol

Thanks in advance :rotfl:

Mac

Got some BF DEFI'S(boost,oil press and temp,Controller Etc :lol: ) and Pod coming next week, need them fitting, any reccommendations in the Lanarkshire Area????? I have the "Garage" in Wishaw(dont know what they are like).

Would also pay if anyone fancies fitting them for me, as long as they get done correctly i do not mind who does it, heard it is a simple job but i am as technically minded as cheese,lol

Thanks in advance :rotfl:

Mac

You and me both mate... I'll be watching this thread very closely!

I'm also getting a set deliverd next week, however I'm away for a couple of weeks, but when I

get back I'll be having a go at fitting them myself, here's a few links to fiting them, might be of some help.

http://www.egauges.com/Def_Inst.asp?CP=meter_inst.html#1

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-install/84...l-complete.html

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036365

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-interior/68...i-setups-2.html

I did all the eletrical side of mine myself. Was pretty easy. Spooks (and Gus) helped out in the engine bay side of things. We ran into trouble getting the gallery plug from cylinder 3 to move so we could mount the oil temp. Ended up the next time I was at hypertech I got them to do it.

Are you going down the sandwich route or the individual sensors for the oil temp and pressure?

Are you going down the sandwich route or the individual sensors for the oil temp and pressure?

Who are you asking? If its me, then I have both options available to me. The gauges that are already fitted, are connected to the individual sensors, but I also have a sandwhich plate. However, since I have to take the alternator and TMIC off to remove the old gauges, I might as well connect the new ones in the same way. I'd have a go at it, but taking all those bits out of the engine its a bit too daunting for me; as for the electrics... that's another matter altogether.

Loking good then for some fitting, The4 welsho has a lot more experiance that me then,lol i do not widh to attemp this as i know it will be a lost cause,

Stay well clear of electrics ever since i peed on that leccy fence when i used to go out stealing burds eggs when young. :D

I bielieve its the Cyl route for me, not 100% though.

Craig if all goes well we could sort a group fitting out lol, i am good at going to Greggs etc for sustainables.lol :lol:

David exige- i think it was the GB i arranged with revolotion mate, been promised this week some time.

Mac

Edited by Rednosespeccltd
David exige- i think it was the GB i arranged with revolotion mate, been promised this week some time.

Mac

Hi Mac,

Thats the ones, was hoping to get them before i went offshore this week, however it will give me something to do once I get back.

Dave

Edited by davidexige

I was also in on the group buy from Revolution

He said he expected the controller's some time this week.

Im having mine fitted by a mate who used to work for AWD

I ordered mine in blue as i was pretty sure my dash lights were blue

i was wrong they are green DOH! :lol:

I will just have to change the dash lights as everything else is blue now.

Highly recommend Marc at The Garage - he knows his stuff m8. Always taken my cars to him. He's pretty well known in the Jap car scene too.

Tell him pmacFTO sent you :lol:

Looks like i will prob go to the "Garage" as already there seems to be issues arising with fitments and locations to put them,

Phoned them today and its going to cost £145 all in fitted.Reckons on a hour a Guage and VAT, seems ok for peace of mind TBH.

Mac

Never heard of the oil temp sensor issue. Did lots of reading about sensor placement before I got mine. I followed the guide that PSI3 had written. They used the defi sensor and recommended putting it in the gallery. Wuz recommended too. As did drb5 from memory.

£145 seems pretty steep too. I can tell you that it took me about 45 minutes to do the electrical wiring. It might have been a bit easier for me as my stereo setup made it quite easy to tap into all the right wires. When Spooks was doing the sensor fitting it took about an hour including us spending half an hour wrestling with the one we couldn't get out, which Duncan at Hypertech did in 10 minutes when I was in for an oil change a few weeks later.