Chat Thread 4

jd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yer its looking pretty good, i really went over and had a look just to see how thorough they were being with removing various trim during the respray (the metal trim on the roof gutters was a particular concern) but they seem to be giving it a proper job.

i was pretty glad i insisted on a spray, i know some peeps think im mad but i was thinking of...

subaru paint jobs are crap, well know we get more stone chips than is normal

a new car is sprayed by robot, a respray isnt!

Guest sti3_lewak
yer its looking pretty good, i really went over and had a look just to see how thorough they were being with removing various trim during the respray (the metal trim on the roof gutters was a particular concern) but they seem to be giving it a proper job.

i was pretty glad i insisted on a spray, i know some peeps think im mad but i was thinking of...

subaru paint jobs are crap, well know we get more stone chips than is normal

a new car is sprayed by robot, a respray isnt!

Stinger.

Glad to hear alls going well with the respray

Something you might want to check is about compensation from your insurance company.

My father had an RTA in his car and it got repaired costing about the same as yours. He brought up a question to his insurance company saying that "yes the car has been repaired but know its worth less than a car of similar age, Millage and Trim level etc etc etc.. his insurance company looked into this and paid him £2000 as they said that would be the difference...

Something you might want to look into.. after all we pay stupid amounts for things we should at least try for extra from them

Can't remember what its called but that should help you understand what I'm saying

Hope to see you at the next meet :D

morning everyone, i got the car started lastnight :P but it was steaming/smoking i think its just the heat wrap on the headers and up pipe drying out! I also spilt some coolant on the up pipe whilst fitting the turbo so i am hoping that it is this just burning off and not a coolant leak :D anyone had this before?

Guest sti3_lewak
Morning JD,

Yeah thats it, i will take it for a spin tommorrow after work and see what happens. All i have to do now is fit the fuel pump then get it remapped next fri :P

:D

Yeah had the same with mine when I put headers on it and wrapped them. It steams like crazy when you first start up, and when it's just as bad when it's warming up.

Must really get on and get a remap on mine soon as well but just seem that either I never get the time to book it in or I've spent the money on something else :P

Need to win the lottery I think :D