Squiggle On Swrt Site

It's not everyday you get quoted(name checked) on the SWRT website. It's not exactly an everyday event of course but it has to be said........ Nice one Squiggle.......... :D

While entry to the McRae Gathering is now closed, organisers are hoping fans will show their support along the route. “It would be great to see people cheering us along” said Grant Hendry, one of the organisers of the McRae Gathering. “When the idea of the convoy to commemorate the life of Colin was born, we never dreamt 1300 Subarus would be taking part. We even have Subarus joining us from all over Europe, from Poland and the Ukraine to France and Spain, while some fans are flying in especially from Australia and Argentina to be part of this memorable occasion.”

After reading the attendees pack today I'm JUST getting to grips with how big an event this really is going to be. VERY,VERY,VERY well done the 3 Amigo's for the tremendous efforts you have put in thus far :D

I dont think anyone can really appreciate how much time and effort you have put into getting this event together :D

Thanks Gus. I had a nervous breakdown about a month ago, but got it out of my system and have been fine since :banana: Imy is in the middle of hers and I'm not sure about Grant. He seems fine so we think he must be either about to go wibble or is secretly back on the :D :D

It is massive. If you want to see just how global this has gone clicky here. Article after article about the Gathering on websites and in newspapers all over the world. It's truly stunning and a great testament to how highly Colin was regarded. Even the messages of good luck and congratulating us on our efforts that have come in from right across the globe from those who can't make it have been amazing. I had hoped to share some of them on the Gathering site, but just simply haven't had the time. Maybe afterwards when the dust has settled :barf:

After reading the attendees pack today I'm JUST getting to grips with how big an event this really is going to be. VERY,VERY,VERY well done the 3 Amigo's for the tremendous efforts you have put in thus far :D

I dont think anyone can really appreciate how much time and effort you have put into getting this event together :D

:banana: x 1000000000 % !!!! :barf:

Reading my pack was giving my goosebumps. I remember how I felt and the buzz we all had after last

year's meeting, although on a sad day, and can't guess how it'll be with the massive convoy at the weekend.

I'm thinking that in the SIDC New Years Honours List, Grant, Andy and Imy are given free lifetime membership!! :hl:

is the member packs everyone is talking about the download on the website or is this something that is sent by post as i dont have one.

It's just the download from the website here. I think Imy would totally flip if she had to stuff any more envelopes :icon_pray:

After reading the attendees pack today I'm JUST getting to grips with how big an event this really is going to be. VERY,VERY,VERY well done the 3 Amigo's for the tremendous efforts you have put in thus far :)

I dont think anyone can really appreciate how much time and effort you have put into getting this event together :icon_pray:

thanks Gus.

you could probably guess from my daft "what if no one turns up" thread that i'd had a meltdown... actually I have had mini meltdowns every other day for the last 3 weeks and its only now that I can rest and slightly relax

its just scary when you read through that participants document exactly what we've had to cover and I was really feeling the strain.

but I'm satisfied that we've done everything we can to pull off a tremendous weekend and give folks something to talk about for a while :(

and yes I will flip if I have to stuff another envelope or if I get any more "can you get me a sticker" questions :(:D

thanks Gus.

you could probably guess from my daft "what if no one turns up" thread that i'd had a meltdown... actually I have had mini meltdowns every other day for the last 3 weeks and its only now that I can rest and slightly relax

its just scary when you read through that participants document exactly what we've had to cover and I was really feeling the strain.

but I'm satisfied that we've done everything we can to pull off a tremendous weekend and give folks something to talk about for a while B)

and yes I will flip if I have to stuff another envelope or if I get any more "can you get me a sticker" questions ;):rolleyes:

I take my hat off to you guys . Just reading a few of the threads has made me relise just how BIG this is going to be. :rolleyes::D

I really cant wait to seethe press coverage...