New Wheels At Last

Had the new wheels on almost 2 weeks now but I have been on holiday and busy doing other stuff too, so not had the opportunity to get the car and new wheels tooshed up so I could take some pictures and post them up.

They are ultra light 18" Team Dynamics Pro Race S 1.2 in black with the blue rim on Yokohama Parada 2 tyres. :rotfl:

Washed the car last night but by the time I was finished it was too dark to take any photos. :thumbup:

So although it had rained last night and was still raining this morning (it is summer time, aint it???) I just took some photos anyway.

Have a look and see what you think. :(

Note, I finally removed the STI stickers from the front fog covers and replaced them with the yellow 'world rally team' ones. :D

Next I am going to paint the front brake calipers, either black with white lettering or blue with white lettering. :thumbup:

S7003708.jpg

S7003718.jpg

S7003719.jpg

S7003720.jpg

very nice....but needs lowered.

Indeed it does Pete and its on the list. :thumbup:

I don't know if you remember but I was going to buy your Prodrive springs until we found out that they are no good for my WRX. :P

I am still on the look out for Prodrive springs, anyone?? :(

ooh they're nice :D

need some black wheel nuts to complete the slick stealth look?

Yes they badly need black wheel nuts to finish the look and they are also on my (very long) list. I tried to get the people that I bought the wheels from to supply me with black wheel nuts as part of the sale but they were adamant that they could not get such a thing, blue, yellow, red but not black. :thumbup:

Scoobyparts are among other suppliers that I have checked that do black wheel nuts. :rotfl:

Deffo can get them on ebay mate I got a set for the wheels on the Leggy think they were £27 all in. I'll see if i can find what the company was.

Gus

Are they decent quality, Gus?

The best price I have so far is from Scoobyparts at £37.60 (should also get a SIDC discount) for the standard black nuts, they don't sell black locking nuts though.

Got a price from revolution247.com for 16-off black tuner style nuts and 4-off black McGard tuner style locking nuts at around £70 delivered.

Not sure what to do yet. :thumbup:

Appreciate any info. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
very nice....but needs lowered.
ooh they're nice :rotfl:

need some black wheel nuts to complete the slick stealth look?

Heres the latest photos of my car.

Now has black wheel nuts and black lockers and lowered. :rotfl:

Also just fitted last week, STI8 rear wing, oh aye and the blue Subaru badge on the front grille. :lol:

S7004066.jpg

S7004073.jpg

S7004077.jpg

what did bianca think

seriously i really like those wheels they look mint on the blue car

a wee headlight detango and a splitter and the front will be spot on B)

Cheers G.T.,

Bianca......RRRickyyyyyyyy :lol: Adam and Ricky are my young sons.

The detango at the front is a must and will be dealt with shortly........as for the splitter, I do really fancy one but I hear that so many get broken on speed bumps and stuff.

:D Looking very braw indeed tho Stu :D The lowering and spoiler do the trick B)

Also, I'd lose the Yellow SWRT writing on the Foggy covers. Replace with white or silver ;)

Cheers Gus,

As it happens I also bought the same stickers in white at the same time as I wasn't sure which ones to put on the car. I only went for the yellow because I had seen them on a number of scoobs and thought that it was appropriate to use them although the white would suit the car better. I'm sure the white ones will grace the car one day. :D

P.s. Loved the wee appearance on the TV. :D

Edited by Stubaroo
Cheers G.T.,

Bianca......RRRickyyyyyyyy :D Adam and Ricky are my young sons.

The detango at the front is a must and will be dealt with shortly........as for the splitter, I do really fancy one but I hear that so many get broken on speed bumps and stuff.

Cheers Gus,

As it happens I also bought the same stickers in white at the same time as I wasn't sure which ones to put on the car. I only went for the yellow because I had seen them on a number of scoobs and thought that it was appropriate to use them although the white would suit the car better. I'm sure the white ones will grace the car one day. ;)

P.s. Loved the wee appearance on the TV. B)

Yeah, the yellow ones came as standard on the WRX300 (which I had many scoobies ago :D) and ditched for white ones when I changed the standard wheels for the white ones :D

Regarding the TV appearance B)

If you need a hand with the detango then I'm happy to supervise. done a few now! :lol: But you are on the list after Big Gordon :D

Yeah, the yellow ones came as standard on the WRX300 (which I had many scoobies ago B)) and ditched for white ones when I changed the standard wheels for the white ones :D

Regarding the TV appearance B)

If you need a hand with the detango then I'm happy to supervise. done a few now! :D But you are on the list after Big Gordon :lol:

As usual that is a most kind offer Gus. :D

However on this occasion Irish Al is going to help me out. Just waiting on him returning from his honeymoon and settling into married bliss. ;)

Looks lovely, specially with the new bits added.. what did you use to lower it?? (Dont say lowering springs.. I mean what make :D )

I'd probably go for black writing if you're wanting to put decals on the fog covers, would tie in nicely with the tints and black wheels I think. B) ...now you've started, the modding bug never stops, a cheeky wee Gus The Bus backbox wouldn't look out of place with the OE-style look and it'd release a wee bit of the burble too.

Cheers,

Grant

Looks lovely, specially with the new bits added.. what did you use to lower it?? (Dont say lowering springs.. I mean what make :D )

I'd probably go for black writing if you're wanting to put decals on the fog covers, would tie in nicely with the tints and black wheels I think. B) ...now you've started, the modding bug never stops, a cheeky wee Gus The Bus backbox wouldn't look out of place with the OE-style look and it'd release a wee bit of the burble too.

Cheers,

Grant

Alrighty Grant,

Lowered on Tiens, also Whiteline Rear 24mm ARB, solid droplinks, anti-lift kit and fast road geom. All work carried out at Hypertech. B)

As for the exhaust, I want to stick to my original plan for a full Meercat system, up-pipe included, when funds allow of course. :D