Show Us Your Avcr's

As title, Im going to be fitting my avcr very soon just wundering where other people have there's fitted ? (MY99/00 dash)

I will be going for some deffi's in the near future in the center pod so i cant fit it there, and dont want to have to take out then put it back in some place else later on. So any suggestions/piks will be greatly appreciated. :occasion14:

Mt first attempt Sucky picture but I wasn't taking a pic of the avcr, should give you an idea though.

127_2745.jpg

and my lasted attempt,

06062008174.jpg

No certain it's gonna stay there though as I may be ditching it for different boot control.

Post a pic of your dash if you're looking for suggestions as they're not all the same (jap and uk's anyway)

Thanks for the ideas lads ;)

I went out armed with an avc-r and a N95, all piks from a drivers eye view ....

Tryed it down here witch is good

06062008244.jpg

But i cant see the P1 plaque :occasion14:

06062008245.jpg

Then thought about up here, witch is good but a wee bit of a pusy to fit

06062008247.jpg

Then up here, i like the way its in the area of vision, but not sure about it being o the dash.

06062008252.jpg

Then i opened the ash tray ... bingo, it fitted like a glove, with the added bonus off no fitting :P and can be easily stashed away.

06062008249.jpg

as long as you have it secured then that works for me. just dont want it ending up under the brake after a fun left turn.

I know, thats what its like in the van, bottles of juice tho, lol

I was just gonna dab a wee bit blutak at the back of it, it sit's in quite snug as it is. or maybe a bit velcro :occasion14:

John, for your three questions:

What does it do - standalone boost management (it does it, not the ECU)

How does it connect - magical pixies I assume

Do I want one - Unless you feel you are having issues controlling the boost then probably not.

it allows more controller boost settings than just a remap mate. i believe it allows different levels for each gear and will also let you adjust the boost yourself manually if your feeling brave. also if your higgy you can use it to slow your car down so the rest of us can try and keep up. handy items but depending on what your goal is its not always necessary.

it allows more controller boost settings than just a remap mate. i believe it allows different levels for each gear and will also let you adjust the boost yourself manually if your feeling brave. also if your higgy you can use it to slow your car down so the rest of us can try and keep up. handy items but depending on what your goal is its not always necessary.

This sounds like something I'd fit and break my car within minutes. Far too technical for me.

Thanks guys, I can give it a miss. :occasion14:

could you not make up a we bracket for it that would keep it close to where it is but with the ashtray closed?

Yea that sounds good, it comes with a wee apexi bracket that i could probaly screw it to a spare ashtray (wanted section!) ;)

PMSL :occasion14: ...

What is an AVCR, what does it do, how does it connect, do I want one?

Not necessarily Peter (Fai17)

It is there to control the boost, not to display the boost. Displaying the boost is a bonus feature.

Taken from flat4online...

The AVC-R allows flexible control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost control.

Boost (including peaks) can be had on the defi's :rotfl:

Rich