Some Advice Is Needed!

So ok, hadnt planned on buying another Impreza until at least next year, but after shuffling a few finances and sticking in some O.T I'm now looking for a second Impreza. Has to be Classic, has to be around 3500 and it will be an ongoing project that will probably be stood in a workshop under construction for a bit. What is the best classic model that is obtainable in that price range, to start a project on i.e ecu, diff etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I know a bit about these cars, but not anywhere near what some of the "tuners" know on here, im only a mere agricultual engineer. lol

Stewarty

Hey Fraser that's mine as soon as i shift mine's

Stevie

Are you anywhere near buying the car bud? I wouldnt want to steal a car off someone lilke that, but its exactly what im looking for and would probably make an offer on the car tonight if you werent close to buying!?

Cheers

Are you anywhere near buying the car bud? I wouldnt want to steal a car off someone lilke that, but its exactly what im looking for and would probably make an offer on the car tonight if you werent close to buying!?

Cheers

Was waiting on someone getting back to me this week regarding mine's but he didn't get back in touch,Dave(DRB5)is away on holiday for 2 weeks.

Stevie

Will do m8 but tbh i cant see this guy getting back in touch,you no fancy a lovely newage at a good price?

Stevie

Classic for me mate. Just bought the girl a new Ibiza, have a van and an L200 as company cars, so just a toy for me.

I like the silver classic but the white classic looks ridiculiosuly virginal! What do you guys think? Pros and cons!?

Classic for me mate. Just bought the girl a new Ibiza, have a van and an L200 as company cars, so just a toy for me.

I like the silver classic but the white classic looks ridiculiosuly virginal! What do you guys think? Pros and cons!?

White classic for me all the way

Stevie

Would be the white one for me too. sorry stevie I thought you were just going to keep a hold of yours.

Bodywise I would totally agree, immaculate looking car but the modifications and the quite highly regarded ownership of the silver classic tends to pull me. Now need to have a think!!

Bodywise I would totally agree, immaculate looking car but the modifications and the quite highly regarded ownership of the silver classic tends to pull me. Now need to have a think!!

Personally i think you should go for the silver classic stewart :lol: then i can buy DRB5's white one.

On a more serious note if you are interested in his i have a contact number for his dad if you are interested.

Stevie

Personally i think you should go for the silver classic stewart :lol: then i can buy DRB5's white one.

On a more serious note if you are interested in his i have a contact number for his dad if you are interested.

Stevie

Both are excellent cars mate, its just what the cars going to be used for I need to think about really. Of course want it sound inside and out, but if I can save money performance wise with a modified block to start out with that has a reasonably good background then I'll be swayed towards the silver classic. Im not making a move until the end of this week as per buying a car, so keep me updated on your position as far as buying the car. If we have the money at the same time, I'll of course take a step back.

Stewarty

Both are excellent cars mate, its just what the cars going to be used for I need to think about really. Of course want it sound inside and out, but if I can save money performance wise with a modified block to start out with that has a reasonably good background then I'll be swayed towards the silver classic. Im not making a move until the end of this week as per buying a car, so keep me updated on your position as far as buying the car. If we have the money at the same time, I'll of course take a step back.

Stewarty

wILL DO M8 I HAVE JUST PUT MINE'S ON PISTONHEADS TO SEE IF I GET ANY INTEREST SO WILL GIVE YOU A SHOUT BY THE END OF THE WEEK OK.

Stevie

Hi mate,

Glad to hear you're getting another Scooby!!! :lol:

Hi Richie, hows things? We still ok for the McRae run?

Yeah taking my time this time, understanding better what exactly I want out the car and basing judgements on purchase with a lot of information ive gained from here. Ideally RA, as ive seen a good few of them in my pricerange, allbeit their rough around the edges but I guess thats what I want from a project.