Sidc Preffered Insurer.... Not So Good For Under 25's

After two years of impreza ownership I am just about to purchase my thrid lot of insurance. The past two years I have used confused.com and had good service from both companies that they found for me. After hearing numerous good things about the SIDC's preffered insurer I thought I would give them a go. I called and they asked how old I was (23) and which car it was (Impreza Turbo 2000 UK) they also asked what sort of qoutes I had so far. The best I had so far was £980 via confused. The sales person proceded to tell me "thats a good qoute we won't do any better then that". That was it, they didnt take any further details at all. I mean fair enough I will go elsewhere, but its not the sort of response I was expecting after everyone on here raved about them so much.

So if your under 25, I wouldnt bother with them.

I got the same sort of response when I was in my first year of scooby ownership... Now onto 2nd year and got insured with them no problem! better quote than anywhere else I tried and with all mods declared!

After two years of impreza ownership I am just about to purchase my thrid lot of insurance. The past two years I have used confused.com and had good service from both companies that they found for me. After hearing numerous good things about the SIDC's preffered insurer I thought I would give them a go. I called and they asked how old I was (23) and which car it was (Impreza Turbo 2000 UK) they also asked what sort of qoutes I had so far. The best I had so far was £980 via confused. The sales person proceded to tell me "thats a good qoute we won't do any better then that". That was it, they didnt take any further details at all. I mean fair enough I will go elsewhere, but its not the sort of response I was expecting after everyone on here raved about them so much.

I had the same experience with them when I tried about a year, year and a half ago... had a quote from A Plan but had been thinking that had the SIDC preferred insurer been close I'd probably go with them (don't always go for the cheapest one)... but I was asked the same, age, car and postcode and what the best quote was so far. Best I'd had was ~£400-odd (06 STi but I'm in my 30's and in Aberdeenshire).

Wouldn't nessecarily be due to your age... as someone else mentioned it was probably more a case that they knew they couldn't beat it (or get close?) so didn't want to waste your time or theirs.

Mine is due at the end of the month so have yet to call gary again to see if he can do a decent deal this year... just too busy at work atm to get it sorted yet though.

Yeah I think I will be going with eCar this year. As for being lucky to be insured under 25, no real reason why not as I am far safer then many of the older idiots we stop at work.

Edited by FMJ

Im 24 and used to own a UK2000 classic for 3 years, my first year i Paid around the £2000 mark which was with greenlight,on my 3rd year they managed to get me down to just over £600 which was great concidering the car was modded and just under 300bhp. I then upgraded to a 2007 hawkeye sti and they wouldnt insure me coz i was under 25 which is fair enough as it is a new car and cost a lot of money so i got a quote with a-plan which i paid £1300 with a high excess.

I havent really looked at confused and the other compaire sits coz i like to go with specilists as they seem to know more about the car and the type of mods plus the like for like part as companys like elephant dont do this.

Mike