35 Hours So Far

As said in a previous post i have spent 30 hours preparing my new car for looking its best this summer, well i took it to 35 hours today.

When i 1st got the car i spent 6 hours taking the wheels off and cleaning them, then 2 hours doing the arches. Spent 8 hours cleaning in and around door shuts under bonnet etc, 6 hours hoovering, shampooing and general cleaning of the inside. 8 hours was spent a few weeks ago machine polishing the bonnet and front wings and spent another 5 today on the boot and doors. Still leaves me with the roof and bumpers to machine polish. All machine polishing so far has been with menzerna intensive polish to get most of the swirls/scratches out so prob anothe 5 or 6 hours will be spent using menzerna final finish. Then i still need to seal and wax the whole car.

Got some pics today of the swirl removal, heres how it's looking so far

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do to stop the sun drying in the polish ? Is it as simple as just covering smaller areas before buffing ? I feel silly always turning the car around to be in the shade !

Be good to see the finished waxed/sealed article.

What do you do to stop the sun drying in the polish ? Is it as simple as just covering smaller areas before buffing ? I feel silly always turning the car around to be in the shade !

Be good to see the finished waxed/sealed article.

I also turn the car around into the shade, also just do a small area at a time ( about 12 inches squared)

Cant wait to see the finished article either :thumbup:

Shouldn't you be posting this on a BMW forum iain :shutup:;)

Very nice work though. Very nice.

Not as friendly a bunch over there Andy. Cheers

Cheers Iain, you couldna maybe ping up a couple of

trim shots just to see the end result wi the AG stuff could ye ??

Lol have heard aboot this p/butter thing wasnae aware of the

veg oil though, had heard using ground nut oil; prob just a posh

version of the good ole veggie oil aye.

Cheers for the info again mate B)

Craig.

What is so good about this stuff?

Where do you get it?

Much is it?

2 coats of this will last upto 6 months without needing to top up, gives an immense depth of shine, easy to use and smells great. Ok the last bit is never going to be a selling point but it seriously does smell amazing.

I bought it online. For a single pot it's around £160 but i got a full kit for £250 that consists of everything you need. Link here -

http://www.vertar.com/zymol/zymol-kits/zymol-complete-kits/