35 Hours So Far

You will need both days, trust me :D

I alway make sure I've got 2days for a detail, normally take around 20hours for a car, the last bmw I did took 18hours

Acheived LSP ready finish with Megs #83 too :P

24052008581.jpg

I also need to get a decent camera lol

Edited by Frank_STI
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back up again as i know some folk don't agree with these threads.

I eventually finished all the work with 50 hours being spent in total. My folks are away to canada for a holiday and have taken my 400d so could not get any pics up. Anyway it was in for it's mot last week and gave the guys strict instructions not to wash the car. Picked it up the next day and it had been cleaned :banana2: they use a powerwash and the chemicals have stripped all the wax off and obviously used a sponge too as there is some minor swirls. Absoloutly gutted, all that hard work for nothing.

Rant over.

Anyone want to buy a BMW? £7500

Bloody hell! was the John Clark that did that? thats pretty crap like considering it was probably cleaner BEFORE they washed it...

At least it was already done to a point so it shouldn't be toooooooo much work to get it back again... Still Sucks though...

Was just a local garage i went to. Not going to bother putting the expensive wax back on it as i'm selling it.

Will try and get pics up of the finished article before she goes. Although at the rate big engine cars are selling it will need it's winter coat on :icon_salut:

• 3 months later...

Not touched the car since it was in for it's mot months ago and the garage messed it up, was just posting pics of the new rims. Thanks for the compliment tho saying i have high standards, much appreciated bud.

And for someone who doesn't enjoy detailing threads Acid is having a good browse of this topic i see!

two buckets (clear ones of course, the use of one of them somewhat escapes me as you can do the same job with one, but hey it looks cool B) ) some fancy waffle cloths, and over the odd priced wax, anybody can wash there cars and make em shiny ian, its not rocket science :rotfl:

two buckets (clear ones of course, the use of one of them somewhat escapes me as you can do the same job with one, but hey it looks cool B) ) some fancy waffle cloths, and over the odd priced wax, anybody can wash there cars and make em shiny ian, its not rocket science :rotfl:

oh! no!...here we go again! :rotfl: , thought you had gone AWOL Iain,nice to see youre back,looks like nothin's changed eh?...very nice rims by the way. :rotfl:

Full de-cat, front mount, CAI, MDH turbo, 740's, fuel pump mapped etc to drive around a track woo hoo. Anyone can buy parts for their cars and get someone to do all the hard work for them Dunk, it's not rocket science. Jog on!

yes but we dont go to a BMW forum to talk about them, jog on to you too, lets hope its another six months before you come back again B)