Fuel Shortage On The Way?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but hey is it such a bad thing that we all had to use public other transport for a couple of weeks if it did

er... YEAH! If, when I die, and I wake up on the other side in some dingy bus or train that I had to walk for ten minutes to get that was then 20 minutes late; I'll know I haven't made it!

Bear in mind that buses and trains run on fuel too, so wouldn't they also be affected?

im sure as we speak the train /bus/taxi firms will all be filling every cup tin tupperwear dish full of diesel so they can make as much out of our plight as they can

ill be on man powered two wheels but i know that not everybody can travel this way but as i said before it aint that bad is it we will make it

neil

i'm just back from Erskine my local ish V-power stockist, it's a 12 mile round trip, it was full of folk filling up, today in Dumbarton the 2 local Garages were constantly busy and in Helensburgh about 4pm ish the garage had a big sign up saying "Sorry No Unleaded" :thumbup: it's a bit mental the way folk are panic buying, according to media report's there is more than enough fuel in the UK to keep Scotland topped up while the shut down & strike take place :thumbup:

out of intrest do imprezas run ok on BP ultimate?

:thumbup: me, just bought myself this...

GT1.jpg

That looks a good bike mate. Just ordered some road tyres for mine, always ride to work in the summer months, keeps the miles and the waist size down!

out of intrest do imprezas run ok on BP ultimate?

Yep no probs, but always seems far more expensive then V-Power or Tesco 99.

• 2 weeks later...
What happens next from the last strike? Not been looking at news much recently.

We are waiting on word from the union but we have been told the strike is over and that we are back in talks reguarding the pension scheme, the company has dropped the two tier scheme.

We are waiting on word from the union but we have been told the strike is over and that we are back in talks reguarding the pension scheme, the company has dropped the two tier scheme.

Cheers Paul. I don't see it going away though. There's too many companies have managed to stop the final salary pension scheme for new starts due to costs. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.