Fuel Shortage On The Way?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats him. a 07 civic type r import that kicks the uks ass! Just spoke to him on the phone and he was at a gun range firing a desert eagle yesterday!

I had a mate who was in cambodia and got to fire an ak47. They then offered him a hand grenade that he could blow up a chicken with or for more cash he could shoot a cow with a rocket launcher :icon_salut:;):o

Good luck with getting someone to answer that one.

I asked 20 minutes ago on Page 1 and I count at least 3 INEOS employees who have posted since then and totally ignored me.

Sorry, Forgot about that, All the Petrol / Diesel for Scotland/Some of Northern England / Northern Ireland comes from Grangemouth, Some of the small petrol stations bring it in through Ross Chemicals in the Docks but not much.

Cheers, Paul T.

Obbster im Chemicals too KG, but as far as im lead to believe v power will come from Ineos as it is an additive that is added to the fuel? Is that not why it is not so good to leave a tank of v power sitting in your scoob for too long as seperation can occur witht the fuel and the additive?

P.S im on the nightshift the now we`ve been told diesel will go first too. but once everyone is out the will be noone to fill the tankers anyway, also don`t think tanker drivers will cross the picket.

Greig

Sorry, Forgot about that, All the Petrol / Diesel for Scotland/Some of Northern England / Northern Ireland comes from Grangemouth, Some of the small petrol stations bring it in through Ross Chemicals in the Docks but not much.

Cheers, Paul T.

Obbster im Chemicals too KG, but as far as im lead to believe v power will come from Ineos as it is an additive that is added to the fuel? Is that not why it is not so good to leave a tank of v power sitting in your scoob for too long as seperation can occur witht the fuel and the additive?

P.S im on the nightshift the now we`ve been told diesel will go first too. but once everyone is out the will be noone to fill the tankers anyway, also don`t think tanker drivers will cross the picket.

Greig

Cheers guys.

I noticed a post over on the PistonHeads forum where the poster stated that when he worked at Grangemouth 'a few years ago' V-Power wasn't made there.

I take it that from you guys point of views there is unlikely to be some sort of compromise or deal done before the strike begins?

DON'T PANIC, it's **** like this that makes it even worse. One person tells another, and another, then the whole of the country is trying to get petrol. Chill out ;)

Neil (with his full tank of Shell's finest).

This ain't scare-mongering mate, Come next Sunday if Ratcliff has'nt backed down then that is what it will be!

Cheers, Paul T.

This ain't scare-mongering mate, Come next Sunday if Ratcliff has'nt backed down then that is what it will be!

Cheers, Paul T.

No joke this is really just a heads up as the plants are starting to shut down now. Think the Refinery starts shutting down on monday then it gets really serious for the average guy as the prediction is this friday comeing is when the fuel goes dry????? Don`t know if this is right but won`t be too far away.

What we were also told was that if the dispute is not settled after the 2 day strike then the plants will stay down till it is. So that they ain`t up and down and risking damage or saftey.

Greig

Was me that posted on pistonheads.

Were still waiting to hear out here whats happening with kinneil as thats where all the oil goes prior to ineos and they have only a finite storage space at kiniel and dalmeny and also finite flaring of gas concent if they have nowhere to put it so if ineos is down chances are the platforms that export to the forties pipeline will be shut down se expect what fuel you can get to go up due to the oil price rising as a result of this.

Fair play to the boys for standing up to the company over pensions.

Was me that posted on pistonheads.

Were still waiting to hear out here whats happening with kinneil as thats where all the oil goes prior to ineos and they have only a finite storage space at kiniel and dalmeny and also finite flaring of gas concent if they have nowhere to put it so if ineos is down chances are the platforms that export to the forties pipeline will be shut down se expect what fuel you can get to go up due to the oil price rising as a result of this.

Fair play to the boys for standing up to the company over pensions.

As regards to kiniel was told they have hired in some kind of portable boilers, so that they can keep some of there trains going but as you say once they run out of places to put it, who knows. We feed straight off Kiniel

and were half shut down just now. if they dont have anything in place for steam and services then they are down as grangemouth power station is cuming down.

As for shell i think bp and shell have an agreement that bp add shells additive up here to make v power and down south shell add bp`s for ultimate.

See the Vpower tankers cuming out all the time lol, doesn`t mean thats whats in it tho.

i went ot get petrol today for me and my sons motorbikes pulled up to the pump pulled out two small jerry cans and started to fill them up when a man says next to me about not panic buying i just laughed at him and said "did you not just fill your car to the brim mate?" he walked away

what abunch of a***s i couldn't care less if it petrol runs low they already have us paying way too much for the stuff so f them ill get on the old push bike not a problem!

whos with me?

neil

Edited by neill54

nice on mate im on the look out for a new road bike cheap for getting to work winter training etc but if the petrol thing gets that bad no one will be going to work anyway

just scare mongering as usual but if everybody panic buys we will be stuffed just buy your petrol as normal same day same amount etc the there will be enough to go round

neil

nice on mate im on the look out for a new road bike cheap for getting to work winter training etc but if the petrol thing gets that bad no one will be going to work anyway

just scare mongering as usual but if everybody panic buys we will be stuffed just buy your petrol as normal same day same amount etc the there will be enough to go round

neil

Have actually read the thread this is not scare mongering. Some of the plants have begun shutting down, by the end of the week production will have stopped. The union and the management arent even discussing the problems any more only how to shut the place down safely.

;) me, just bought myself this...

Sorry for the wee tangent here....

Got any tips on how to transport one of those things on the back of an impreza with no tow bar and proper wing on the back? Been tempted to buy myself one this year but transporting it to a decent forest is the tricky part....

it is a bit of scare mongering isn't it if we all as i said just go about our daily business the petrol wont run out i bet but hey is it such a bad thing that we all had to use public other transport for a couple of weeks if it did

can some one tell me what the real reason for the strike is too

ta neil