Took The Car For A Wee Drive Today...

...and being a nice day the car wasn't too dirty so I stopped for a couple of pics before I headed home. Also took a wee video of the car with new exhaust and over-run pops and bangs courtesy of Mr F in Port Seton as a few people had been asking how severe mine were compared to other ones he's done. :thumbup:

Only real differences since my last pics are a replacement front splitter, the Defi's and the Meercat exhaust.

specG011.jpg

specG013.jpg

specG024.jpg

specG025.jpg

specG023.jpg

specG021.jpg

specG022.jpg

specG018.jpg

You can hear the exhaust and over-run stuff

. :)

Cheers,

Grant

I appreciate all the comments.. I'm really happy with the car now, got a list of people I'd like to thank for work they've done for me or bits they've gotten hold of for me. :)

Checkpoint Garage in Arbroath - 01241 879 999

AWD Motorsport in Perth - 01738 633 336

Meercat Exhausts in Kilbirnie - 01505 685 235

Andy Forrest Performance in Port Seton - 01875 810 439

That was a wee bit oscars-ish I know :thumbup:, but personally I think its good to let people know of places that do good work rather than just hearing about places when you havent had such a good experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend every one of these places for their work, no complaints at all.

Cheers,

Grant

I appreciate all the comments.. I'm really happy with the car now, got a list of people I'd like to thank for work they've done for me or bits they've gotten hold of for me. :)

Checkpoint Garage in Arbroath - 01241 879 999

AWD Motorsport in Perth - 01738 633 336

Meercat Exhausts in Kilbirnie - 01505 685 235

Andy Forrest Performance in Port Seton - 01875 810 439

That was a wee bit oscars-ish I know :thumbup:, but personally I think its good to let people know of places that do good work rather than just hearing about places when you havent had such a good experience. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend every one of these places for their work, no complaints at all.

Cheers,

Grant

what work did Checkpoint do for you?

On this car, Checkpoint have fitted the Tein springs for me... but have fitted diffs, cambelts, brakes, de-cats, ARBs, exhausts etc for me in the past on other Scoobs, GT4s, Hondas etc that I've owned. :thumbup:

As I'm through in Arbroath a lot to see friends/family, I tend to use them as my first port of call if I need something fitted. What you wanting fitted, modifying it already!? :)

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant
Looks and sounds great mate. :thumbup: Best colour too! :) Where did you get the Defis mate, and how much if you don't mind me asking, PM me if you prefer.

Very nice man. The Defis look fab even with your reflection in them spoiling the pic! Still think the Spec G would look more complete with a big spolier.

J

awesome Grant... have to say that the video doesnt really do those pops and bangs justice... much louder when your sitting behind you or beside you lol... thought there was something wrong with my car the first time I heard you ha ha..

Good to see nice comments going up too about traders.. :P

Cheers for the comments.. lol, I might get another bootlid to smooth off so that I can chop and change to my hearts content, so the spoiler isn't totally safe yet!! :P

I had a complete set-up of 60mm gauges sitting ready to fit to the car, but by chance looked through the sale section of SN and spotted these Defis, Controller II, Sensors/Senders and Pod for a really good price. Always fancied having some Defi Gauges so just went for them and punted the other set-up. They match the standard clocks really well and perform the same opening ceremony too. Although I got mine privately, a couple of my friends have bought their Defi set-ups from the online shop, Nengun.

The pops and bangs are awesome fun, the ones on mine are quite severe and I probably couldnt live with them day to day, but as I dont use my car other than on nice days or for enjoyment then I'll keep them as it adds to the experience. Its something that you can ask Andy (or any other mapper I guess) to open up when you are getting your car re-mapped..... I got told that I couldnt have them as mine was a 2.5, but with a bit of fiddling here and there, Andy made it work. :D

Frank, the car sits on Rota P1 alloys mate.. they were brand new out when I got them and I hadn't seen another Newage Scoob with bronze coloured wheels on it.

Cheers,

Grant

Frank, the car sits on Rota P1 alloys mate.. they were brand new out when I got them and I hadn't seen another Newage Scoob with bronze coloured wheels on it.

Cheers,

Grant

Aye, they look the part Grant...I'm liking the colour and something a wee bit different look..

Food for thought....

Edited by Frank C