I've Given In.... I've Let The Bug Bite!

• 4 weeks later...

well I'd taken the car out to see how she handled with the new mods couple weeks back and the RA stuck to the road like a wee go-kart :)

but she was sometimes hesitating under load, usually in 4th gear and around 4-5k rpm.

cue a "omg i'm booked on track on the 15th.. it must be sorted by then and we dont have much time" panic and Grant kindly looked the car over for me

he said its not the MAF and nor the spark plugs... could be the wee hole in the exhaust or the coilpacks.

went to Hypertech this morning and Duncan was like yup, its the coilpacks, no probs I've ordered the parts for you and they are sitting here.

He fitted new ones, took it out and said problem sorted and btw the car handles really well!

so thanks to the guys at Hypertech for squeezing me in, from the looks of the cars they had in the garage it seemed like everyone was rushing to get things done before the trackday on Sat.

also thanks to JohnSt for letting me borrow the coils off his car at short notice. I'll drop them off over the weekend.

hopefully that should be me set for Sat, just need to budget for new brake discs and tyres post-KH now :P