Iom Trip Booked

To the OP: Please be careful. My Scoob is sat at the bottom of an 80 foot ravine - Sartfield Road for the locals. Small errors can have massive repercussions at all times but especially on the Isle of Man.

I misjudged a corner and rolled it into the ravine - small mistake with massive consequences. The main impact at the bottom was taken wheels down with the car kind of on its side; even so the roof and supporting pillars were totally wrecked just from the rolls on the way down. Respect the locals, yourself and respect the roads, don't come back in a box or wheelchair.

Mr W.

ps. naturally this is in the hands of my insurer now but a local contact tells me the WRX is still down there?

Small errors can have massive repercussions at all times but especially on the Isle of Man.

why especially on the Isle of Man?

regardless of where you are, you should never drive outwith your own abilities especially if you do not know the road you are driving on

driving in the Isle of Man is no different to driving anywhere else

Hey all, just cross posting this from Scoobynet - I didn't know about this thread :lol:

Had a great time at the small meet on Sunday, starting off at the Creg on the TT course. You all made us non-scooby owners feel very welcome!

Special thanks to the chap in the blue scooby who hung back a little on the road to make sure I didn't trash my RWD car and not get lost on the unfamiliar roads too, and CupraDave for taking us off the mountain circuit to slock(?) on the rally type roads. I also look forward to seeing the pictures you took of my car!

In the meantime here's a few pictures I took (think one is from Gary who's on here but I don't know your forum name mate).

Cheers :thumb:

Creg1.jpg

Creg2.jpg

Supra.jpg

Seafront1.jpg

Creg.jpg