Iom Trip Booked

Hi to all IOM members,

I am coming up to the IOM early march with a group of friends i am bring my scoobie a 95 JDM WRX there is 5 of us in total unfortunatly the rest are non scoobie rides - EVO 4 / FTO / SUPRA / and the only non Jap import a Probe.

Reason for my post is advice on island roads and things to be aware of & secondly stuff to do for our wives thats non-car related.....i know i know!

Any tips and ideas recieved.........oh yes good eateries a must.

Thanks

Gary

Nice down by Castletown, Road get yourself an Ordnance Survey map No. 95 covers the Island. pick yourself out some routs and go drive. Driving the TT course is a must and think of a bike doing just that at an average speed for the forty miles of 130mph :thumbup:

For a good blast you cant beat over the mountain from Ramsey to Douglas or vise verso :thumbup:

Just remember it can be icy up there this time of year.

Eats, the Garrison in Castletown is a very nice Wine and Tapas Bar good to keep the ladies happy.

In Douglas Paparazzi on the front is a very nice Italian, That's my favorit. there is loads, the Slug and lettuce is good to and for a coffee I would recommend The Alpine just opposite the main post office in Douglas.

I'm not to up on the night life in Douglas, due to my age and its not my thing, but I'm sure somebody will post up some pointers on here.

If the ladies are happy shopping, coffee and seeing lovely scenery then you will be fine. :D

Nice down by Castletown, Road get yourself an Ordnance Survey map No. 95 covers the Island. pick yourself out some routs and go drive. Driving the TT course is a must and think of a bike doing just that at an average speed for the forty miles of 130mph :P

For a good blast you cant beat over the mountain from Ramsey to Douglas or vise verso :rotfl:

Just remember it can be icy up there this time of year.

Eats, the Garrison in Castletown is a very nice Wine and Tapas Bar good to keep the ladies happy.

In Douglas Paparazzi on the front is a very nice Italian, That's my favorit. there is loads, the Slug and lettuce is good to and for a coffee I would recommend The Alpine just opposite the main post office in Douglas.

I'm not to up on the night life in Douglas, due to my age and its not my thing, but I'm sure somebody will post up some pointers on here.

If the ladies are happy shopping, coffee and seeing lovely scenery then you will be fine. :rotfl:

Thanks for the tips some of the group may be looking for night life but i'm with you toooooo old for all that, would never get up in the morning if partied at night nowadays.

Hi there

You will love it here

Pop me over a note of the dates you are here and I will see about organising a meet between SIDC and our local forum XLR8 if you are interested?

We arrive on the Island on Thurs 6th March and leave Mon 10th so would be around all weekend........ps not wanting to sound too dumb what is XLR8 but yes that would be good

• 2 weeks later...
Hi to all IOM members,

I am coming up to the IOM early march with a group of friends i am bring my scoobie a 95 JDM WRX there is 5 of us in total unfortunatly the rest are non scoobie rides - EVO 4 / FTO / SUPRA / and the only non Jap import a Probe.

Reason for my post is advice on island roads and things to be aware of & secondly stuff to do for our wives thats non-car related.....i know i know!

Any tips and ideas recieved.........oh yes good eateries a must.

Thanks

Gary

:D Nice car Eiziman if only i had the money......if i see you about i will indeed.....is the local a good pub to frequent and do they do food?

If any one out there sees us about give us a pull for a chat .......we have had a change to our running order because surprise surprise the EVO 4 has broke down before it even left wiltshire so no EVO on the trip the driver is bringing his pick-up instead ......personally i think he was scared the frod probe would show him up...lol.

So coming the the island will be myself in the JDM WRX WAGON, Lee in the JDM FTO, James in the JDM Supra, Adam in the Ford Probe and Nick (JDM EVO 4 parked at home) now in the UK NISSAN D/Cab Pickup.

Still need some info on places to take the ladies ...... food gaffs and day trips etc. :)

We arrive on the island Thursday evening!

;) Message to Cupradave........any news on that potential meet on the Sunday?? :banana2:

Regards

Gary

post-15589-1204619005.jpg

The shout has been put out mate :)

1pm at the Creg Na Baa for a quick (soft) drink and a blast over the mountain, a splash and dash you might say ;) A few stops here and there with some nice roads in between :banana2:

You can find pics of my car in the SIDC garage, just so you know who to come look for at the Creg

Edited by CupraDave

Hi Gary

Unfortunately the Baltic doesn't do food, but the bitter & Guiness are good, the Tynwald inn which is a mile down the road does food also the Highwayman 4miles away in my home town of Peel does great food (a favourite with the manx sidc) The town of Peel has a lot to see if your into sight seeing, castle etc.

look forward to meeting up

all the best

Mike

Hi Gary

Unfortunately the Baltic doesn't do food, but the bitter & Guiness are good, the Tynwald inn which is a mile down the road does food also the Highwayman 4miles away in my home town of Peel does great food (a favourite with the manx sidc) The town of Peel has a lot to see if your into sight seeing, castle etc.

look forward to meeting up

all the best

Mike

My home town too, Highwayman is good for grub, decent sized car park too....the Crosby is nice too now it's been "done".