On A Lighter Note For The Evening....

I had a brilliant holiday on Cayo Guilermo which is the next island to the west, linked by a bridge.

The "Jungle Tour" is an absolute must and was great value when I was there a few years ago.

You have a blast in convoy through the mangrove swamps in your own 2-seater speedboat (40HP).

They take pictures of you just after starting off and sell them to you at the end ($5).

You then spend about 1/2 hour snorkelling along a channel & back which is full of multicoloured fish & a few lobsters.

You then blast back to base in convoy in your speedboat.

You get to keep your snorkel as a souveneir.

I think it was $25 or £30.

A speedboat trip out to or beyond the reef for snorkelling is also good fun.

They usually take you to a wreck for added interest.

Take some bread to be surrounded by masses of multicoloured fish.

Horse riding along the beach on Cayo Guilermo is good fun.

A day trip to Havana is also a must but is a bit more expensive.

It's about an hour flight from the airport on Cayo Coco.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

Ian

i went to cayo coco last september,the blau colonial,had a great time! like ian said the havana overnight is a must but expensive,and i almost died on the way back-dont get on small planes in thunderstorms! usually they try to get you to book any excursiopns as soon as you arrive but its worth seeing whats available on the beach and through other operators. we did a catamaran and snorkelling trip out to the reef from the beach which was half the tour price. the jeep safari to the mainland is also good fun,especially if you opt to drive yourself. and i also highly recomend the paragliding/sailing? from the beach,best view you can get of the place. theres also a horse and carriage tour which goes round all the hotels on cayo coco(there all together) stopping for a drink at each one and a sunset ride to the beach for a lobster dinner. and dont forget your driving licence as you need it to hire mopeds or cars which they do at the hotel-haggle on price,the longer you have it the cheaper you can get it. and Ac!ds right the cigars are great, yet another expensive habit ive picked up :lol:

Thats exactly where I'm going :rolleyes:

I'm seriously looking forward to this trip, I've heard lots of positive feedback about Cuba from everyone I've spoken to ;):o

What makes you think you can jsut come on here and post on the Scottish forum? I think you should be banned for that too! :P Enjoy your trip.