Miles Per Tank.

Had my new 07 Sti in for a service recently and since then noticed that my miles per tank is way down there now. Havent changed my driving style and im not booting the a*** out of it do between 40mph and 60mph in 6th and rarely go over the 2,000 rpm mark. Any ideas what could be causing this? Put £51( Just over 50 odd litres) in on Monday (Now Tuesday) and ive done about 20- 25 miles and already down to 3/4 mark on the fuel guage. Car is factory standard spec with no add-ons.

HELP ME PLEASE

Edited by Speedy
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my new 07 Sti in for a service recently and since then noticed that my miles per tank is way down there now. Havent changed my driving style and im not booting the a*** out of it do between 40mph and 60mph in 6th and rarely go over the 2,000 rpm mark. Any ideas what could be causing this?yes you need to put your foot down more if you want to go faster!!! Put £51( Just over 50 odd litres) in on Monday (Now Tuesday) and ive done about 20- 25 miles and already down to 3/4 mark on the fuel guage. Car is factory standard spec with no add-ons.

HELP ME PLEASE

Who cares, fill it up and go play, thats what they are for. Enjoy.

Who cares, fill it up and go play, thats what they are for. Enjoy.

I have a 2004 STI with 350 bhp and it was mapped by andy f i get bout 230 miles to a tank i think thats very good when the car was standard i got around 180 miles to a tank. But as said above enjoy it you dont buy cars like this for economy :rotfl:

I have a 2004 STI with 350 bhp and it was mapped by andy f i get bout 230 miles to a tank i think thats very good when the car was standard i got around 180 miles to a tank. But as said above enjoy it you dont buy cars like this for economy :rotfl:

I have a 06 WRX 2.5 and i drive quick and get around 340 plus per tank

If you want fuel economy while owning a Subaru by a second car it sounds dumb but thats the only way you will spend less on fuel. I Had a mad day once and all i did was drive the car like its ment to be driven and i averaged 9 miles to a gallon but oh boy i smiled for days after :rotfl: thats what Subarus are for fun fun fun IMHO

Edited by Scoob Fae Ork
yes sure did 420 on A & B roads at the weekend never went above 90 mph most was at 65 to 70 still got 70% left out of two tanks

I have an 01 WRX with just over 100k and i always put £30 of V Power in which gives me 3/4 of a tank and im lucky if i get 140 miles and thats driving normal with the odd blast.

Stevie

I have an 01 WRX with just over 100k and i always put £30 of V Power in which gives me 3/4 of a tank and im lucky if i get 140 miles and thats driving normal with the odd blast.

Stevie

At the end of the day just have fun and enjoy

i am new to Subaru only had WRX for 5 months

i can only say what i get

i live 16m from stirling i can get to inverness and back on a tank full around 185 one way :rotfl:

Ive got 370bhp and I get about 230 - 240 miles to the tank, I have just bought an old 635csi (2.5L engine) and im getting about 290 - 340 miles to the tank depending on which roads I use it on.

my brother had the car and he got from Renfrew (next to Glasgow airport) to Aberdeen and back to stirling on a tank in my scoob

Graeme

Edited by G.Mac
yes sure did 420 on A & B roads at the weekend never went above 90 mph most was at 65 to 70 still got 70% left out of two tanks

There is no way you got 420 miles out of a 2.5 wrx. I get 230 out of my MY07 STi. Same size of tank, the combined mpg for the wrx is 27.4 against the STi at 25.9 with about the same gap for Extra Urban.

You sure you haven't been at the :rotfl:

Before the car was mapped (07 STi) I was getting really bad range/mpg out of tank, this has now increased a fair bit since being mapped... in addition to the extra bhp & lb/ft that I got too. I dont give my car too much of a hard time either, ok, its gets the occasional blast........ but most of the time that I'm out its just a progressive drive using a max of around 3500rpm. :rotfl:

Before: 302bhp & 290lb/ft and around 150-160miles from a tank on average

After: 355bhp & 389lb/ft and around 210miles from a tank on average

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant
There is no way you got 420 miles out of a 2.5 wrx. I get 230 out of my MY07 STi. Same size of tank, the combined mpg for the wrx is 27.4 against the STi at 25.9 with about the same gap for Extra Urban.

You sure you haven't been at the :rotfl:

I thought that when I read it first aswell,

he DID 420 miles in total, on 1.3 tanks of fuel. still ridiculous to me, how the hell do people get 300 odd miles out a tank!? I know we are in it for the fun etc but I wouldn't mind a little bit more.

mines a 308bhp and I get 220 slow and 180 fast.

It smells like most of my petrol falls out the back when I switch it on though! :D

300 is pretty standard for me post re-map. Before it was a rare thing but 340 is the best i've actually had from it. Spirited driving? 280 or so but no less. Car sits in traffic a lot as my daily driver too and still returns 28mpg on some occasions!

Trip at 242 with over a 1/4 tank left (80 miles or so)

DSC00094.jpg

Edited by fivetide
ive got a smaller tank in mine lol

With the smaller tank in the 94 Turbo I used to get ~180-220 miles the whole time... most ever got was about 249 or thereabouts.

With the 06 STi I generally fill up again about 250, that's with the light on and it looking quite low on the dash, not quite sure how much is left in the tank at that point though.

Have no idea how anyone is getting 300+ out of one, I guess if I was on a motorway and sat at 50-60mph then maybe it's possible but no way on the roads I drive (and with the way I drive :rotfl: )