Which Springs?

Good evening,

I'm going to book my motor in for some springs, and wondered what the opinions were on either the Prodrive or Tein's. I'm looking for a comfortable ride but just lowered a touch. I know both are "progressive" but wondered what the advantages were between the two (if any).

As you can see, it's sitting pretty high :)

440906720_d86f080360_o.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

edited to say that I will be fitting 18" wheels when I get round to it (if this matters on the choice)

Edited by 4hero

I've got the Prodrive ones on my car. Make a noticeable difference to the ride over uneven roads (ie improved it). Noticably less fidgety but they don't lower the car that much, especially at the rear where there isn't a lot of ride heit to play with.

Happy to give you a test drive of mine at the next event if you want to see how they feel/compare ?

John

1713181411_40a31311bd_b.jpg

More full size photos here if you are interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnsidc/sets...57602658478868/

Good evening,

I'm going to book my motor in for some springs, and wondered what the opinions were on either the Prodrive or Tein's. I'm looking for a comfortable ride but just lowered a touch. I know both are "progressive" but wondered what the advantages were between the two (if any).

As you can see, it's sitting pretty high :)

440906720_d86f080360_o.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

edited to say that I will be fitting 18" wheels when I get round to it (if this matters on the choice)

neil

I've got prodrives on my sti hawkeye and find them ok as they lower it a good bit but not to hard a ride as for the front splitter(revolution) mine lasted four weeks (WASTE OF FECKIN £250 :P )

joe

Mr Nemesis, what are the eibach's like? Is the ride quality supposed to be similar to the prodrive's? What about lowering, what sort of distance will it be lowered with these?

Joe, after seeing lots of broken splitters on here, I don't think I will bother :)

Neil, if you're opting for the p/drives then don't be put

off the splitter idea. Have p/drives and a splitter myself and

have had no issues. Just don't park right up to kerbs at

the front - for obvious reasons. Personally I think the p/d's could

be doing with lowering the car a touch more but I love the ride quality that they

give - can't have it all I suppose :)

Craig.

Mr Nemesis, what are the eibach's like? Is the ride quality supposed to be similar to the prodrive's? What about lowering, what sort of distance will it be lowered with these?

Joe, after seeing lots of broken splitters on here, I don't think I will bother :o

try whiteline 3 types of springs prodrive copies made in same factory prodrive spec control type and flat out springs all good quality m8 geo

John, you may have a point, you don't get stickers with prodrive :stupid:

In all honesty, I had a little shot of Scoobaroo's the other night and the ride quality felt superb. A tiny wee bitty stiff, but I can handle that and the ride height is very nice indeedy!

Dear Santa...

(will be ordering them after Christmas).

John, you may have a point, you don't get stickers with prodrive :stupid:

In all honesty, I had a little shot of Scoobaroo's the other night and the ride quality felt superb. A tiny wee bitty stiff, but I can handle that and the ride height is very nice indeedy!

Dear Santa...

(will be ordering them after Christmas).

If you go for Tein then i would recommend the Tein Super Street Coilover as they are both height and rebound adjustable...

I've got them on and it rides ok

If you go for Tein then i would recommend the Tein Super Street Coilover as they are both height and rebound adjustable...

adjustable Peter? Does that mean I have to lift my bonnet to fiddle with things?

*Neil looks up manual to see where the bonnet opener thing is* :stupid:

Ive also got the superstreets on Neil, and as john says, you get some nice pages of stickers too :stupid: , but i would recommend them for the adjustability factor not for the stickers lol.

Not that itll matter for much longer, as am planning to get rid soon.

Iain

Edited by the blue dragon