Evening all, not been around for a while, new jobs, new baby, new car? Anyway looks like the RB5 has to go for something much more sensible. So as the title says, Forester STi. Just wondering if there's any thing I need to know? Servicing costs, spare parts (as an import are they V expensive?) does it share many parts with equivilant Impreza STi? Worthwhile mods? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Kenny

I think it's a uk top spec XT that Gus has..with all the toys and luxury items.

It is very nice :iagree:

ps: i think there was an STi for sale in the scottish section though. Might be worthwhile contacting him for any information or details.

Edited by Frank C

ps: i think there was an STi for sale in the scottish section though. Might be worthwhile contacting him for any information or details.

Thanks very much fellas will pm Gus & have a look through Scotish Scoobies.

That one was finally sold (black one)... for a lot less than I thought it would go for IIRC... just wish it had been for sale back when I bought the STi as I might have been interested in it myself.

mmmm, I will ge getting a forrister STI once my impreza sti is payed off (planning on a few things for the impreza in the near future :rolleyes: )

in my opinion the 04' shape is the best but still looking forward to seeing the next encarnation of the beast (cant be as bad as the new shape of the impreza, even though it should handle like a handling thing)

Graeme

Anyhoo, would highly recommend a Forester. I'm on my third one in ten years (had four Impreza's and a Legacy inbetween too).

If your looking for something a tad more useable ie for space, off road and towing or anything like that then the Forester is the best balanced Subaru you can get for that type of thing IMHO

Gus

PS i'm not trying to make mine like an Sti, just different (.......and better :rolleyes: )

have to say I'm well chuffed with mine (2007 WRC blue) much better than I expected & so so quick! Loads of room for the hols, plenty of storage and even has reclining rear seats! JDM radio MD player was junked asap with the speakers and TOM TOM fitted out of site under the centre dash flip up pocket (big hard drive for MP3's). Came with Zero Sports induction kit (a little noisy for my taste) and a complete Zero Sports exhaust which sounds the biz and a remap to 300BHP which is quite pleasant :rolleyes: Probably gets as many looks and questions as the Scoob ever did (don't think there's another one round here) although the only scoobs who wave know me already.

Probably the best all round car I've ever had even if the Impreza was more of a "real performanmce car", can't see me ever going back while the kids are at home.

Not serviced yet so can't comment on running costs (apart from petrol) but can't see it being that bad & the insurance was way less than the modded Impreza!!!

get one!

Mark A

• 9 months later...

Forester STi is an import only vehicle, they never made it for this country and it's why you wont find many Subaru dealers in this country with any on the forecourt. We had someone recently phone up our dealership and ask if we wanted to purchase it but of course it's something we couldn't retail due to the fact it's not a genuine uk car, looked amazing in WR Blue.

The closest you could get would be a 2.5 225bhp XTEN and play with it yourself.

Edited by Axson