Dilemma! Help Me Choose

Hi All

I have a MY06 WRX and have been having some trouble with my car to the point I'd rather get shot and get a new car. I have eyed the GB270 with much admiration and have talked the good wife into parting with the reddies for said machine. However, I'm not so sure I can justify the extra costs.

It would be an extra £65 a month on top of what I pay now and I'd have to extend my loan from remaining 5.5 years to another 7 year one. I have a VF34 turbo, sports cat with 340BHP and 390 Torque. This has been removed from the car to try and get to the bottom of the running issues. I also have 18 Gold wheels all the exhuast goodies, braided hoses, droplinks Tein Springs and ALK.

The good wife has suggested taking a smaller loan, similair monthly repayment but back to 7 years and I'd get 4 grand to mod the car with. I want to put in forged pistons so that is liekly to take at least 25% of my budget and with the remaining 3K I'd uprate the brakes, STi topmount, remap and tyres. That should just about exhaust my 4k.

Problem is, I can't decide what to do. If I get the new car, well I get a brand new GB270 but I'd lose my brakes hoses, wheels, ALK, Teins, droplinks ECUTEK license, as well as the added £60+ per month, but my running issues would be solved!

What should I do!?

Edited by TheWelsho
Hi All

I have a MY06 WRX and have been having some trouble with my car to the point I'd rather get shot and get a new car. I have eyed the GB270 with much admiration and have talked the good wife into parting with the reddies for said machine. However, I'm not so sure I can justify the extra costs.

It would be an extra £65 a month on top of what I pay now and I'd have to extend my loan from remaining 5.5 years to another 7 year one. I have a VF34 turbo, sports cat with 340BHP and 390 Torque. This has been removed from the car to try and get to the bottom of the running issues. I also have 18 Gold wheels all the exhuast goodies, braided hoses, droplinks Tein Springs and ALK.

The good wife has suggested taking a smaller loan, similair monthly repayment but back to 7 years and I'd get 4 grand to mod the car with. I want to put in forged pistons so that is liekly to take at least 25% of my budget and with the remaining 3K I'd uprate the brakes, STi topmount, remap and tyres. That should just about exhaust my 4k.

Problem is, I can't decide what to do. If I get the new car, well I get a brand new GB270 but I'd lose my brakes hoses, wheels, ALK, Teins, droplinks ECUTEK license, as well as the added £60+ per month, but my running issues would be solved!

What should I do!?

What exactly is the problem with the one you have at the moment?

Surely you could also remove the mods you have on the existing motor and either sell these to generate more cash (ie smaller or shorter loan) or simply pop them on the new car as I'm sure they'd all fit (obviously the tek licence would be lost I guess).

I'd say keep it an mod! there's not that much difference between the WRX and the GB270 Except the prodrive goodies. Performance wise you beat that! Not to mention handling & braking. Looks? WEll just get yersel a Prodrive Rear wing and some tinted windows (if you havent already).

Excuse for for not paying attention to the forums but what "running issues" are you having with your car at the mo? I thought AndyF gave it a good going over just the other week?

Get shot off it you no ya want a banger really :D

Gordy

i certainly wouldnt swap it for a banger john.

as already said above can you not raid some of the goodies from your car?

i may have a set of standard springs and droplinks from my modding addiction days you can have if it helps.

not so sure id be throwing another 4k into it m8 as you know its £ youll never recoup.

good luck in whatever you decide

jim

ps.have you asked the big guy upstairs for guidance?

i may have a set of standard springs and droplinks from my modding addiction days you can have if it helps.

not so sure id be throwing another 4k into it m8 as you know its £ youll never recoup.

jim

The lord works in mysterious ways.

JAC

Hi All

What should I do!?

Only had mine a few months, but you asked so here goes :P

From reading i get the impression you are falling out of love with your current car.

Its all about the love of driving a scoob.Lets be honest,if the cost came first,who would still own one?

Get the new car and get THAT feeling back!! :D

Edited by Irn_Bru

jim

Yeah, I'm going to take the exhaust off of it, but whats to point in taking ALKs and stuff liek that, will only cost me on labour and petrol to do that. I have standard springs, but I told the dealer I'd leave those on. I still have my turbo, and in time that woudl be going onto the 270. I know I wont recoup the 4k but to change to the new car is a cost of 8k and I'm never going to recoup that either. I have every intention of keeping my WRX for a long time to come, as you said, were else do you go after driving a Scoobie, so recouping is not an issue. In time it woudl be a track car when I'm 50 and driving a RAV 4 with a trailer! LOL!

You still have that AP kit?

The Big Man upstairs want me to be humble and drive a Ford Focus TD :D so I know his answer!

Only had mine a few months, but you asked so here goes :P

From reading i get the impression you are falling out of love with your current car.

Its all about the love of driving a scoob.Lets be honest,if the cost came first,who would still own one?

Get the new car and get THAT feeling back!! :D

Still love the car.

MOD it!! whats the point in buying a gb270 your just going to end up modding it anyway and loosing 8k.. drop in some stronger internals and have a cracking car with loads of booooooosssssstttttttttt!

SOLD! I think I'll book it in tomorrow at Hypertech, get the forged pistons bigger injectors, STi Intercooler and that's me sorted for 500 big Jap horses! Well, so says Andy.F... Might have to keep some cash for a gear box, hehe!

SOLD! I think I'll book it in tomorrow at Hypertech, get the forged pistons bigger injectors, STi Intercooler and that's me sorted for 500 big Jap horses! Well, so says Andy.F... Might have to keep some cash for a gear box, hehe!

good man!! dont see the point in buying another to mod it further down the line and comming up against the same problem in a few months, this way your blocks practically bullet proof, unless you go power crazy :D