Andyf Remapping In Aberdeen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy Carl!

Only trying to express the fact that everyone wants their stuff done on the same 4-week trip but I still have a wife and 13-month old baby girl to keep happy.

Sorry to have offended :D

Russell

Edited by WUZ
13 months? Jings they grow up fast. Surely she could be working on cars whilst you're away Wuz?

Wife won't let her :rotfl:

But she seems to like cars, every time I sit her in the drivers seat of the scoob, she starts fiddling with the AVCR, Data Commander, etc

JUST LIKE HER DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell

OK, great news guys. Andy has confirmed with me that he will be coming up on the 12th and 13th November to map our cars.

Andy can do 3 cars a day as he is only traveling one way, so far we have 5 full remaps so there is one place left. Current people confirmed are

Myself (Boyakasha)

Carl (Carl Davey)

Mark (Power Junkie)

Duncan (DuncATR)

Iain (scoobyiain)

ferk it put me down for the last slot, i`ll pull a sicky or something with the office to work it out i get off for this and knockhill on the 24th

that's what I like to see, a man sacrificing work for the cause :rotfl:

Myself (Boyakasha)

Carl (Carl Davey)

Mark (Power Junkie)

Duncan (DuncATR)

Iain (scoobyiain)

Dunc (Ac!D)

Ok folks that's it :D

Better get those priorities in better order Dunk...........you still need a turbo don't you!

Russell

decided to stick with the 20g for now at least untill that thing i PM`d you about the other day comes off (still havent heard back from the guy yet though) then it will be the bigger of those two turbos ill be buying :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with your remaps guys :)

Just wanted to suggest that I could offer you a good deal on before and after power runs, if anyone fancies it.

Also, I'm sure it won't be necessary, but if Andy needs some FOC dyno time on either of these days please let me know. Happy to help out in the interest of good relations :crying:

Good luck with your remaps guys :)

Just wanted to suggest that I could offer you a good deal on before and after power runs, if anyone fancies it.

Also, I'm sure it won't be necessary, but if Andy needs some FOC dyno time on either of these days please let me know. Happy to help out in the interest of good relations :crying:

Russs - PM Marc and get him to ask the guys to get their opinion..

Russell

Edited by WUZ
Good luck with your remaps guys B)

Also, I'm sure it won't be necessary, but if Andy needs some FOC dyno time on either of these days please let me know. Happy to help out in the interest of good relations B)

Russ that would be great, I called you the other day but you were off.

I'll take a run past and have a catch up.

Marc

Sounds fine, just give me a buzz/pop in and we'll organise a timescale that suits you all.

I'm normally there from Tuesdays to Fridays (0830 to 2230), and some weekends when we have dyno days.

Off-topic, sorry, and there will be a post about it soonish, but just so you know, we are now under new ownership, Gav will be here only until December before he leaves for good to take up a permanent job flying for BA out of Edinburgh B)

New company (and directors B) )have plans.....

Sounds fine, just give me a buzz/pop in and we'll organise a timescale that suits you all.

I'm normally there from Tuesdays to Fridays (0830 to 2230), and some weekends when we have dyno days.

Off-topic, sorry, and there will be a post about it soonish, but just so you know, we are now under new ownership, Gav will be here only until December before he leaves for good to take up a permanent job flying for BA out of Edinburgh :hl:

New company (and directors :D )have plans.....

Sounds interesting :(

and as I said to Mr W if I'm ever on a flight and the captain says "Welcome on board BA flight 666 to London, I'm Gavin Wallace and I'll be your captain today" I'll be heading for the first emergency exit B)B)

Kinda jumping on this topic.

Out of curiosity guys. I know I have missed this slot for getting Andy F, but I dont have much knowledge in the remapping of the Imprezas. I have had a couple of Sport versions in the past and played about with the handling.

I currenlty have a 2.5WRX 56 plate, "hawkeye" wagon but was just wondering what I could (or more Andy F) could get out of it?

Current mods are,

1. Have removed 3rd cat.

2. A moto GP silencer delete air intake is currently enroute from USA

3. Pipercross replacement filter installed

4. Cat back s/s exhaust system (2 1/2")

5. Will prob look at getting the silicone "Y" hose in very near future.

Any ideas or comments if a remap is worthwhile soon or should I look at getting a few other bits first?

Kinda jumping on this topic.

Out of curiosity guys. I know I have missed this slot for getting Andy F, but I dont have much knowledge in the remapping of the Imprezas. I have had a couple of Sport versions in the past and played about with the handling.

I currenlty have a 2.5WRX 56 plate, "hawkeye" wagon but was just wondering what I could (or more Andy F) could get out of it?

Current mods are,

1. Have removed 3rd cat.

2. A moto GP silencer delete air intake is currently enroute from USA

3. Pipercross replacement filter installed

4. Cat back s/s exhaust system (2 1/2")

5. Will prob look at getting the silicone "Y" hose in very near future.

Any ideas or comments if a remap is worthwhile soon or should I look at getting a few other bits first?

Hi Smiler, all depends on how much power you are looking for and how much money you want to spend.

A good start would be to change the fuel pump (Walbro), colder spark plugs (NGK) and a downpipe (either decatted or sports cat) and get the car remapped by the hand of God (AndyF)

After this you are talking a lot more money headers, turbo, uprated internal, FMIC .................

Ok guys here is the proposed days for mapping the cars, this may change depending on peoples commitments etc but it's a starter for 10. So if you would like a different day let me know, once everyone is happy we can then look at rough times for Andy taking your cars out to map.

Day 1:

Duncan (DuncATR)

Mark

Marc

Day 2:

Iain

Dunc (Acid)

Carl