Colin Mcrae Celebration Service

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much I can add to what everyone else has already said. Big thanks to Grant, Ally, the Police and everyone involved in the organisation of it all. I was very proud to be part of the club and all the cars were a spectacular sight. Great to see the English and Welsh members there also. The service was very fitting, being emotional and humorous too. I am one of those people who don`t really feel the impact of an event until the next day when I start remembering everything, and its these thoughts that I will remember for the rest of my days.

Hey folks.

Just registered so I could express... well, its hard to put into words, but I suppose some of the following: thanks, pride, emotion, joy, sadness, relief, pleasure, pain and more at the wonderful tribute you have organised for our fallen hero. I naturally gravitated to this website in the days following Colin's accident as I knew you all would have a lot to say on the subject. However, your response to the tragedy has been so much more magnificent than I could have imagined. You have done yourselves proud, done a lot for the reputation of cars such as you drive (which, lets face it, get a negative reaction from a lot of people) and most of all, paid a fantastic tribute to the greatest rally driver the world has ever seen.

I'd just like to reiterate my thanks to you all for doing such a wonderful thing.

BTW, this link has the entire programme "Colin McRae - Pedal To The Metal":

http://www.youtube.com/user/0n0fff

Hey folks.

Just registered so I could express... well, its hard to put into words, but I suppose some of the following: thanks, pride, emotion, joy, sadness, relief, pleasure, pain and more at the wonderful tribute you have organised for our fallen hero. I naturally gravitated to this website in the days following Colin's accident as I knew you all would have a lot to say on the subject. However, your response to the tragedy has been so much more magnificent than I could have imagined. You have done yourselves proud, done a lot for the reputation of cars such as you drive (which, lets face it, get a negative reaction from a lot of people) and most of all, paid a fantastic tribute to the greatest rally driver the world has ever seen.

I'd just like to reiterate my thanks to you all for doing such a wonderful thing.

BTW, this link has the entire programme "Colin McRae - Pedal To The Metal":

http://www.youtube.com/user/0n0fff

Very kind words and thank you for them. The video is great, however it isn't the full "Pedal To The Metal" that was shown on ITV4 yesterday. A mate recorded it to PC for me and gave me a DVD recording of it tonight and although I've not watched it all yet, it's an hour long and contains some of the post tragic event footage and tributes we saw yesterday. Two people have asked me for copies of this. Strictly it's in breach of copyright for me to distribute it, but f*** it. Make a donation to the Jerviswood Charities and I'll sort DVD copies to those who want them. Let them sue me...

Very kind words and thank you for them. The video is great, however it isn't the full "Pedal To The Metal" that was shown on ITV4 yesterday. A mate recorded it to PC for me and gave me a DVD recording of it tonight and although I've not watched it all yet, it's an hour long and contains some of the post tragic event footage and tributes we saw yesterday. Two people have asked me for copies of this. Strictly it's in breach of copyright for me to distribute it, but f*** it. Make a donation to the Jerviswood Charities and I'll sort DVD copies to those who want them. Let them sue me...

I hope one of those 2 is me! You want us to make a donation through you, or are you taking us on trust?

Love your attitude by the way :D **** the establishment!

PM me if necessary.

Steve.

The video is in 8 parts mate, I'm sure its all there.

I hope one of those 2 is me! You want us to make a donation through you, or are you taking us on trust?

Love your attitude by the way :D **** the establishment!

Yup. You're one of them. That dude with the bloody Forester that gets everywhere is the other ;)

My take is - did ITV make money out of showing this? YES. Should they have? NO. Any revenue gained through advertising before, during and after the screening of this programme should have been donated to the Jerviswood charities. To not do so is using a tragedy to make money.

Note this is my personal opinion and although I now have an official SIDC role, this opinion is not that of the SIDC.

Yup. You're one of them. That dude with the bloody Forester that gets everywhere is the other ;)

My take is - did ITV make money out of showing this? YES. Should they have? NO. Any revenue gained through advertising before, during and after the screening of this programme should have been donated to the Jerviswood charities. To not do so is using a tragedy to make money.

Note this is my personal opinion and although I now have an official SIDC role, this opinion is not that of the SIDC.

Any chance you could slip a video of that bird in your avatar in with good stuff? Find it difficult to concentrate on the posts when she's dancing in front of my eyes! ;)

Reckon it must be the stroboscopic effect of the animation. Yeah, that's right ...

PS: If you ever need someone to stand up in court and re-iterate your feelings/sentiments PM me! I'm all for a dose of reality over institution :D

Edited by nippySweeties

Don't know if I approve but someone's video'd the service(just seems a bit callous to record the whole damn thing,maybe just me in my current state of mind :thumbup: ) here's part 1,you'll find the other parts as you go

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_e7j6M6jo

damn cant get link to work,search on youtube 'colin mcrae service' or click on StewartyBoy's link above and they'll come up on the scroll of vids on the side.

Edited by Andy
Don't know if I approve but someone's video'd the service(just seems a bit callous to record the whole damn thing,maybe just me in my current state of mind :banana: ) here's part 1,you'll find the other parts as you go

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_e7j6M6jo&mode=related&search=

damn cant get link to work,search on youtube 'colin mcrae service' or click on StewartyBoy's link above and they'll come up on the scroll of vids on the side.

got to remember mate this was a celebration off colin and johnny lives .

im sure the are thousands iff not millions that would off loved to pay the respects to colin&johnny and would off loved to see the service but could not .

as for the people that recorded the sevice this i :thumbup: you . yous guys have given milllion off fans over the world something special to watch . im sure as like me there will be a few people on hear that will watch it again&again and shed some more tears

I felt sunday was such a fitting tribute to Colin with 150 Scoobs there He must of felt the rumble in Heaven.

Me my fiance and 2 of my best mate's drove down from Orkney with our Scoobs on the saturday night to pay our respects to Colin & Johnny. When we got back home on the following monday we found out one of our local news papers wanted to do a story about us and help to put across to the Orcadians just how well liked Colin was through out the world.

Here is a link to the website so you can have a look if ya want. http://www.orkneytoday.co.uk/

I hope the drive back up went OK.

You were behind me and my wife (urban grey hawkeye wagon) for some of the trek down, then parked behind us in the services.

Good article by the way.

Yeah we had a good drive back up thanks it doesn't take so long when there is a few of you. The boat was nice and calm too as normally I'm very much :thumbup: . Al scan the paper and stick it up here for all to see.