Toyo T1 R, T1 S? I Dunno...

Oh - and for those that want a laugh - split the erse right oot ma jeans when bending down to have a look at the punctured tyre.

Two new tyres : £200

New Pair of Jeans : £30

Standing ootside B Swift with my erse hingin oot - priceless.

If you were a young chav it would have been:

Two new tyres : £30

New pair of jeans : £200

:D

If you were a young chav it would have been:

Two new tyres : £30

New pair of jeans : £200

:D

you calling me a chav :D

437818211_8f04fa521a.jpg

:rotfl:

Andy, glad you and the car are ok mate! £100 a corner? £75 here (plus 15 quid fitting), could have saved yourself £40 and got your jeans for free (with enough left over for a pint or two).

p.s. I ended up getting 4xT1R's, much better tyre than the Potenza's

Edited by 4hero
you calling me a chav :D

437818211_8f04fa521a.jpg

:rotfl:

Andy, glad you and the car are ok mate! £100 a corner? £75 here (plus 15 quid fitting), could have saved yourself £40 and got your jeans for free (with enough left over for a pint or two).

p.s. I ended up getting 4xT1R's, much better tyre than the Potenza's

Not a chav, you bought decent tyres, maybe a poser :D

Holly thread resurrection batman!

Similar dilema - 03 WRX, done about 17K on a set of T1S with the prodrive settings on the suspension.

Driving home from work today and the inner shoulder of one of the fronts blows (fortunately only at 20mph) so i've ordered two new T1R tyres (£100 each, fitted and balanced from B Swift, Whitburn).

I take it it'll be fine to have two half-worn T1S on the rear and two brand-new T1R on the front?

Only my 2nd puncture in 18 years, not bad going. Tyre was ruined though, sidewall was no longer attached at some points!

With the T1R on the front you are going to notice a bit of difference in handling purely due to the stiffer sidewall. Part worns on the rear may make for some interesting handling :D

With the T1R on the front you are going to notice a bit of difference in handling purely due to the stiffer sidewall. Part worns on the rear may make for some interesting handling :D

I don't hammer the car much, especially now that the cold weather is coming in, so I hope I don't notice much difference. I'm told that you can't get T1S tyres anymore, so I wasn't wanting to spend £400 just because of one puncture!

I had T1S on my old prelude, they wore out round the outside edge very quickly, fronts lasted 9,000 miles - never tracked but stay in EK so plenty of roundabouts. Have T1Rs on my scooby and are very good less roll and harder wearing. Autocar magazine recently ran a tyre comparison - PZeros done badly and Eagle F1s came top (Toyos weren't tested).

Unless you drive on the limit all the time or do track work different front and rears wont make a noticeable difference.

previously owning a 182 i was 2 front tyres nearly every 3 months tho i did drive like i was possesed. i live in the polo mint city so round abouts all day are fun but not on your tyres.

different tyres front and back will only make a difference if they are of inferior quality. i cannot fault eagle f1 gsd3. they proxy r are good all rounders wet/dry i would stay away from s's. conti sport contact 2's were on my pug and that thing was on rails. in my 5 years of driving 106,182, wrx (only listed the good cars lol) i would say all of the above mentioned tyres are great but would never push any of them in the wet. wouldnt push any tyre in the wet, got a set of maximus or summit cack like that (new alloys came with them i think, only owned it week) on the scoob the now and it handles like a baby elephant on ice in the wet. 4wheel drifting need sum gettin used to lol

tyretraders are also good. It depends who the dealer has links with.

Personally i was wondering about the Falken 452's on the Scooby. Very well regarded on my last two cars (FTO and Supra) but don't see much about them on Scoobies. £59 a corner from tyre traders too (£69 from MyTyres and £61 from Camskill)

5t.

Got t1r's on mine and won't be using them again, made my car handle like a bag of s''t. Had to play around with arb settings and pressures for a while to get a happy medium.

Johnny

I tend to agree.. I won't be buying them again. I should have got the T1-S's when opting for Toyos.

Anyone?

Just noticed your thread there mate, where are you based ?

I'm sure Hectyre here in dundee could get them but were a

wee bit dearer than Camskill when I enquired. I tell ye, their courier needs a

kick up the a.rse; I ordered 4 x T1-R's to be delivered to

hectyre for fitting - the plonker dropped off 2 of them and

delivered the other 2 at another garage in fife ????

Hope you get sorted mate.

Craig.

Now that is uncanny :lol:

I also blew out inner sidewall today (Front passenger side)

Time to fit my winter wheels/tyres . (once I get them down from Dale)

In the meantime its the Rover 600 turbo.

Al.

:lol:

Will have them on the night of the Crimbo meal at Peter's if your ok to take them then? or I could possibly drop off en-route....

i bought 4 of these tyres a few months ago and 3 differences i noticed from my pirellis which were on it, 1) incredible grip in the wet 2) lots of tyre squeal in dry which i never got from pirellis and 3) LOUD tyre noise on motorway. and IMHO i would never run different tyres on my car, especially not a scoob with the speeds these things can go round corners :lol:

i bought 4 of these tyres a few months ago and 3 differences i noticed from my pirellis which were on it, 1) incredible grip in the wet 2) lots of tyre squeal in dry which i never got from pirellis and 3) LOUD tyre noise on motorway. and IMHO i would never run different tyres on my car, especially not a scoob with the speeds these things can go round corners :lol:

So what did you buy?