Midnight21 Scooby Detail

Arrived Saturday morning, slightly late due to our sat nav being rubbish, to find Cathy's impreza waiting for the detail...this is what we found

(forgot my camera again so only phone pics ;) )

04072009266.jpg

04072009265.jpg

04072009267.jpg

This was to be expected due to the age of the car but this wasn't going to be easy, especially against the clock and us running late already.

The car was degrease, detar'd and then washed and dried.

Into the shed to start the detail, tried a light polish first but got nowhere, heaver polish was still not giving the desired results so had to go extreme and hit the paint hard.

04072009271.jpg

^^ 1st hit with Menzera Power Gloss ^^

then 2 hits of Menzera Final Finish to remove the remaining swirls and refine the finish

The car then received Z6, 50/50 wax and a final coat of Z8

Wheels and Door checks polished with Z5

Windows were cleaned with fast glass and plastics and rubbers were treated with Aerospace 303

Heres the results 7 hours later

04072009277.jpg

04072009272.jpg

04072009275.jpg

04072009280.jpg

04072009281.jpg

Edited by Frank_STI
Arrived Saturday morning, slightly late due to our sat nav being rubbish, to find Cathy's impreza waiting for the detail...this is what we found

(forgot my camera again so only phone pics ;) )

04072009266.jpg

04072009265.jpg

04072009267.jpg

This was to be expected due to the age of the car but this wasn't going to be easy, especially against the clock and us running late already.

The car was degrease, detar'd and then washed and dried.

Into the shed to start the detail, tried a light polish first but got nowhere, heaver polish was still not giving the desired results so had to go extreme and hit the paint hard.

04072009271.jpg

^^ 1st hit with Menzera Power Gloss ^^

then 2 hits of Menzera Final Finish to remove the remaining swirls and refine the finish

The car then received Z6, 50/50 wax and a final coat of Z8

Wheels and Door checks polished with Z5

Windows were cleaned with fast glass and plastics and rubbers were treated with Aerospace 303

Heres the results 7 hours later

04072009277.jpg

04072009272.jpg

04072009275.jpg

04072009280.jpg

04072009281.jpg

Cracking job fella, can't wait to see how your magic makes the Discovery look.

Cheers

Gary

Nice work again, pretty obvious improvement from the 50/50 shot.

Now I thought you kept a clean car Cathy?? ;) Amazing the difference that a good machine polish can bring, you must be well pleased with the result. Plenty incentive to make sure it stays clean, and with good wash/proctection technique, now you've invested in the new look !

Does the paintwork look more orange than red in this pic - lighting / camera / my eyes ??

04072009281.jpg

Edited by C_WRX
Does the paintwork look more orange than red in this pic - lighting / camera / my eyes ??
Aye, the bonnet looks a wee tad orange in that pic. Digital cameras sometimes get it wrong where there's an odd mix of light sources or a 'confusing' palette of colours in a scene.

Either that or Mark got a wee bit over-zealous with the buffer :D;)

I think its my N96 Camera and being indoors lol, did the same with a red MX5 with the indoor pics

18062009223.jpg

18062009229.jpg

Not sure why it makes the car look 2 different colours, these pics were taken within minutes of each other ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments foks! :D

Edited by Frank_STI

It's because the background in each of your pics is different and the camera sensor tries to compensate by evening out all the colours in the pic. One pic is inside and one is outside - so the natural light affects the sensor also the white balance is also different under natural light vs the fluorescent lighting inside your unit. ;) Camera phones have small sensors too and are made to try to to get the best pic so it averages everything out. You'd notice the difference if you use a Point & Shoot a bit more and even more so with a DSLR and someone who takes into account all the ambient light.

Edited by pmacFTO

Top Job with the Scoob! ;)

Great example of what can be achieved after years of abuse on the paint! The results can be BETTER than new! Nice work!

Once the major work has been done, it's work keeping it in goo nick by regular TLC :D

Nice work again, pretty obvious improvement from the 50/50 shot.

Now I thought you kept a clean car Cathy?? :rolleyes: Amazing the difference that a good machine polish can bring, you must be well pleased with the result. Plenty incentive to make sure it stays clean, and with good wash/proctection technique, now you've invested in the new look !

04072009281.jpg

It is the camera(and the dull workplace!) it doesn't look orange in the flesh :thumbup: