Apologies ......

.......because of late I have been working like a dawg and settling with the new family addition ( Finlay). As a consequence I have dropped off the SIDC

radar and lost touch with current banter, activity and political motions within the brethren :P

I have been reviewing numerous family chariots of late :D and the death of the 2002 WRX was looking imminent :P . Of late I have been looking at :-

• WRX Wagon ( test drove )
  • Legacy GT 3.0 V6 estate ( test drove)
  • 330 D Touring ( skin flint juice ?)
  • Octavia VRS ( remap fodder but image issues - green calipers !?)
  • Audi S4 Avant ( sweet but pricey)
  • 5 series touring ( dont have a beard just yet !)

and also an used Avant 1.8T TGS on sale in here. ( I have been to 3 Audi dealers of late so I have been teetering on the Subaru precipice

I shall know by Saturday morning what the plans shall entail but there shall be burbles ! Natalie still has her beloved VW Golf 1.6 FSI Sport but I have whittled my options down to :-

1. WRX Wagon

2. Keep my current 2002 WRX and buy an older estate ( hey Steve !)

Option 1 is contraversial in the Shandero household

Option 2 is tasty too but more expensive in the long run.

I "did the math" on my WRX and have spent £6000 on it in the last years on various mods, tyres, brakes - I still love it but it's 6 yrs old now.

Shall keep you posted but............I'll be back

ahnold.jpg

Still got the Nordschleife to do ( May :rotfl: ) and also hiring those Caterhams again in the next few weeks...........gotta love the motion lotion

Catch ye folks

Cal

p,s any advice from those with Scoobies and families welcome ! Baby seats, ISOFIX and boot space is new territory for me

Just thought I'd tease you before I replied mate... :P

Good to hear you're starting to settle in with Finlay, not so good to hear you're considering a move away from the Marque. Depending on year you're looking at, surely you could transfer over some of your mods to a Wagon??

Cheers,

Grant

p,s any advice from those with Scoobies and families welcome ! Baby seats, ISOFIX and boot space is new territory for me

Hey did anyone ever tell you you are the spitting image of that body builder arnie :P

Kids & cars Firstly spend big bucks on the best car seats you can for the kids with plenty head and side impact support. I cant comment on ISOFIX for a Subaru but i have it in our Audi and it is litterly rock solid, it should be made a standard in ALL cars. Saying that we did have it retrofitted by an Audi dealer as it wasnt on the car when we bought it. Ask a dealer if its possible!

Buggies & prams. Best type is the umbrella type that fold down flat as a pancake, give you more room in the boot for other things like shopping, nappies and others.

I have a 5 and a 2 yr old, my 5 yr old used to sitt on a regular 'booster' seat with the seat belt, which is fine but when she fell asleep she end up sprawled all over the back seat like spaggeti, not good. Get a booster seat with head support is always better.

You just cant over do kids saftey imo

Safe driving

Haha.. well, my attempt to resist was broken down further when I spotted some Amber Defi BF's for sale at a price I couldn't resist... so they're fitted now and I'm trying to resist any contact with Geo (cusco kid) as my self-restraint might crumble and a couple of Whiteline bits would be ordered. To be honest mate, I'm actually considering a change of front seats as well..... god..... this was always gonna happen, why did I pretend it wasn't.. :P

I re-read your first post and you'd enjoy the 2.5 WRX mate... its a bit of a beast with big dollops of torque available with very little provocation. :D

Cheers,

Grant

Been there and done that when it comes to chopping in the scoob when the stork comes. My old MY97 was the first victim swiftly followed by my R6. Mixed emotions to be sure.

If you follow my example what you'll do is buy a semi-sensible daily driver (focus for me) that takes all the knocks day to day life throws at it, is a nice quiet place to sit in when going back and forth to work and does more than 7 miles to the gallon.

It also gives you far more freedom when it comes to modding your fun car. Loud exhaust - no problem. Gash economy - sure, why not. So so crash protections - not a concern. Shocking performance that makes every unprepared passenger look at you in terror as if you'd just pulled a shotgun out of the glovebox - hell yeah.

One other benefit is your subaru will never again feel slow.

Been there and done that when it comes to chopping in the scoob when the stork comes. My old MY97 was the first victim swiftly followed by my R6. Mixed emotions to be sure.

If you follow my example what you'll do is buy a semi-sensible daily driver (focus for me) that takes all the knocks day to day life throws at it, is a nice quiet place to sit in when going back and forth to work and does more than 7 miles to the gallon.

It also gives you far more freedom when it comes to modding your fun car. Loud exhaust - no problem. Gash economy - sure, why not. So so crash protections - not a concern. Shocking performance that makes every unprepared passenger look at you in terror as if you'd just pulled a shotgun out of the glovebox - hell yeah.

One other benefit is your subaru will never again feel slow.

I am liking the phat flat four sound of Radio 2_2_S.png

Either way I shall not be Scoobless although an R32 is tempting.

Was out in a colleagues M5 today. It was the V8 version with H&S catbacks - JESUS ! did that sound good.

I am liking the phat flat four sound of Radio 2_2_S.png

Well I do like to keep my listeners happy. Mind you wait till you hear it now, bigger blower and tubular headers have added a certain something. About 30 Db's to be precise.

Take my word for it Shandyboy. Go big or go home.