Engine Bay Clean

Lol

Love to go to Germany, I don't think I'd get the pass out [:)]  Good to hear from you Warby, not seen you for a while.  Last time we met we were looking at TVR's!

I used Gunk Ultra for the clean and Gunk Laqure Spray for the finish.  I don't think I will use the Laqure spray again, it makes the bay look falsely clean.  It looked naturally clean before I sprayed it on.

It's on now and will take some time for it to disapear.  I used Gunk as Autocar website said it was the 2nd best one to use out of 7 cleaners.  Maguiars being the best.  Halfords didn't sell that.

Overall I'm pleased with the result, I think some of the metal bodies i.e Aluminium Throttle Body needs polishing with some metal cleaner.  What I am very pleased with is the actual engine bay surrounding the engine, that has come up a shiney blue, take a closer look behind the engine on the bulk head.

Tell you what supprised me when doing the cleaning. I initilally set out to just spray the full engine and bay with the gunk then spray water over it all to rinse it off leaving a clean finish.  It was only after trying that I found it didn't quite work like that.

I ended up using a paint brush and spraying the Gunk on to that and rubbing it in to the engine.  After a few minutes of the gunk being on the grease I used an Old Leather to wipe off the dirt. I hardly sprayed water on to the engine.  I used a Paint Brush, Old Leather a Hose Pipe and a Bucket.  The bucket was used to rinse the leather.

It was a very manual cleaning process using the brush and Leather.

Is that how everyone else does it?

Cheers

Lee

I'm bringing all my Car Care Products with me, if you bring a bucket and find some water you can use what's left in the tin.  I used approx half of it.  You will need a rag that can be soiled.

Hope the weather is as good as it has been today.

• 2 weeks later...