Forrestburn Hillclimb - A few photos...

Top day today, not too sure why there is little SIDC attendance at these events, you guys are missing out. Good to see the usual suspects there though [;)]

Anyhow, here's a few pics:

476907863_febed60305_o.jpg 

SIDC's Chris_k:

476909229_2bacb6a934_o.jpg 

I'm not really a vintage fan, but this was a work of art:

476908465_89eb9d49bc_o.jpg

476895480_84a8d64b7a_o.jpg

John Hamilton's Westfield Megabusa:

476912561_0bf2da2431_o.jpg 

Some dodgy SIDC'ers [:P]

476909955_b7885fa5f2_o.jpg 

Help, I'm sinking [:D]

476916799_0a8a595273_o.jpg

^ he wasn't really [:P

Whoops [:)]

476902576_376a151d2a_o.jpg 

Concerned, who, me?

476917547_299d0541fb_o.jpg

remember kids:

476903088_26df7476af_o.jpg 

There are wee drop more on my flickr account, but have not finished sorting them out yet. Will do soon though.. 

Had a good day, you guys are mentally unstable I swear [;)] Was great weather for Forrestburn. Some seriously quick cars, Chris K won his class and my mate was second in class again ....... overall a good day

Great pics Neil, stop showing them though it makes me want a camera...... they are criminally good and your starting to have the Col crash magnet effect [:)] The look on Gary Dicksons face is superb LOL

...and A3 ?

Im assuming it would have been the early black evo( Evo 2 ?), the other black evo ( 5 or 6 i think ) had a rear diff fault and never made the timed runs. I may well be wong though.

yeh it was dave in the evo 3. he broke the hill record for that class! i reckon cause i loaned him a hose clip for the boost pipe ;) finished up alright. won my class and was only 1.7 secs off the hill record considering im well down on power no straight cut box no lsd and no avons! so by june that time is gettin shattered!

...and A3 ?

won my class and was only 1.7 secs off the hill record considering im well down on power no straight cut box no lsd and no avons! so by june that time is gettin shattered!

Forrestburn isn't a 'power' hill LSD and Tyres will be most helpful, you'll be surprised how long 1.7secs is there. Conditions were ideal on Sunday so you have some work to do before June chris [;)]

P.S. Why was your name Alex in the entry list for Doune ?

uch there was a mix up with the entry, my dads fault lol

im using standard ratios which suck! im bogging down coming out the bottom hairpin cause its welll off cam. the guy in the corsa was using 4th ;)  i was strugglin to get use of 3rd! ive also got coilovers ordered so it should be a total different car by june.

throttle bodies, BE straight cut gearbox with a 5.4 final drive and plate diff, custom driveshafts, coilovers, rev limit turned up to around 8.2k instead of 7k just now, peugeot sport clutch kit, rose jointed gearlinkages and a fiberglass bonnet with intake cut for the boddies. if all goes to plan it should be a total different car :D looking forward to the next doune!

Chris, what class are you in?

I am usually in A2 but my golf is getting rebuilt at the moment, should hopefully be out in it towards the end of the season though.

Entered into Golspie in the Scoob wagon, should be fun.