how to take off your mudflaps...without tools.

turning around yesterday after helping my other half deliver catologues for Kleeneze, went up a curb..heard a crunch...no pillar ect.. strange, could be exhaust but curb not that high.........got out... firstly see big red flap sitting on pathway and a pile of dirt....and my bumper hanging on by a thread....  the flap had got caught under the wheel as i reversed and proceeded to pull my bumper off untill it's freedom was complete........no pictures coz you all know what a half hanging off bumper looks like![:D]...will now proceed in taking the other 3 that are still left on the car...off.[:)]

mark

LOL!!! well just got back in... fixed the bumper with plastic ties coz the fixings were boogered..sorry no piccys. didn't crack the paint either but it don't line up as it did so may have to look in the middle to see if it broke another fixing, ...and the flaps are off...looks better actualy...going to get some spats now i think!!

i always wondered when it was going to happen, especialy getting up our curb...but this happened in a cul-de-sac...the bumper was wedged on the wheel and didn't seem to want to get back...just hope no-one see it!![:S]

not good mate, never heard of this before and hope it doesn't happen to mine.

better change your signature to:

UK 2000 Turbo Wagon...Full de-cat...TSL Group N back box...Black
Diamond...4 pots...Zerosports Ecu...FMIC...K&N induction...Prodrive
Front Suspension...Uprated WRX Rears...Baileys Dump Valve...3 Big Red
Flaps...In Dash Gauges x 3...STi Front Strut Brace...Walbro 255...

[:)]

not good mate, never heard of this before and hope it doesn't happen to mine.

better change your signature to:

UK 2000 Turbo Wagon...Full de-cat...TSL Group N back box...Black Diamond...4 pots...Zerosports Ecu...FMIC...K&N induction...Prodrive Front Suspension...Uprated WRX Rears...Baileys Dump Valve...3 Big Red Flaps...In Dash Gauges x 3...STi Front Strut Brace...Walbro 255...

[:(]

LOL[:D]....it'll be no red flaps now..[;)]....i did think at the time 'take a piccy'...but where i stopped i blocked the road and felt many eyes looking at me [:$]

yeh lucky andy, i've got to re-paint it anyway but extra work if it did crack, still got to sort out why it won't go back square,...oh yeh ..4x red flaps for sale complete with fixings which seem to be as strong if not stronger than the scatty fixings they use for bumpers!!!!......offers!....may swap for a bacon butty.

mark

I have become paranoid since I fitted my flaps...had heard horror stories of people ripping them off and/or pulling the bumper itself off and now don't go anywhere near any kerbs. I also park well short of the kerb when "nose in" due to the front splitter I have fitted. All said and done, I did kerb one of my nice new shiny pff7's not long after I got them..that annoyed me