3rd cat delete for newage STI??

Are you asking if you have a cat or not? I went to get mine changed (tho mine's not an sti, it's wrx ppp) and when they got it up on the ramps, although it looked like it had the cat it didn't, jst the heat shields. My advice is to pop along to an exhaust place and get them to check on the ramps, only takes a few secs.

Centre section is just the resonator. It will change the noise and the performance.

PPP already deletes the 2nd cat on an STI.

So correct me if I'm wrong, a standard STI (05MY) has 3 cats, once PPP is fitted it has 2 left? I've been looking on the hayward&scott website and they offer a straight through centre section (which replaces the resonator) and a 2nd/3rd cat pipe which fits on to the centre section. If I replaced these 2 pipes would I then only have 1 cat left and would this affect the ECU on the PPP and come MOT time would this be a problem? Thanks for your time and help. [*-)] 

• 1 year later...

Holy thread resurection.....but instead of opening a new post on the same subject.....

Am I reading this right, there is only one CAT (which is the PPP Sports Cat) on STi's fitted with the PPP?

Is this true of ALL newage PPP STi's - or just later models?

Reason I ask is I was going to by a decat pipe for the cat I assumed I had between the downpipe and the centre section.

Mine is a MY02 WRX STi PPP.

Think the 2001-2005 WRX STi cat's are in downpipe and 2nd cat pipe. I think the ppp gives you a sports cat dp and removes the 2nd cat??

Think general rule is if you get a cat removed get it remapped, and if you're getting it remapped you might as well get rid of them all or have the sportscat dp at most. Although I ran about for 2 years with my 2nd cat removed in my WRX and it was okay for me !

Best get it up on the ramp and see what's under there, you never know the 2nd cat may have already been done !

I may have a 2nd cat pipe coming up for sale soon, Scoobyworld Afterburner one...still tbc though.

Edited by C_WRX
Something I've been looking into aswell. Having an RB320 I think it has the same PPP single cat as mentioned above

If I go for a full de-cat will it increase the performance much? Will it still run right?

as said, remove them all and you will need to get your car mapped, asking for trouble if you dont....

scott

The PPP centre section cat removal pipe I got for my MY05 was a straight through pipe but still had the heat shields on so it looked like there was still a cat in there - bizarre obviously the heat shields had to go as they served no function other than add weight :P and car passes MOT fine with just the PPP sports cat :(