what can 10k buy me

I have now sold my newage sti ppp and have bought a diesel for work so i have got 10k left over fo a weekend toy and would preffer it to be another scooby.

ideally want same power or better than my sti so around 300bhp or better would be good.

would these cars be a good option

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/131030.htm

or this one which would leave me some cash for other mods

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/131316.htm

any other cars currently for sale to consider[*-)]

I have a mate who is selling his totally immaculate, very very low mileage Classic Uk Turbo 2000.

Its red, totally standard, full subaru service history and located in Fife, I can find out more details for you if you want because he is not on this forum.

With the change you could have some nice mods to see you up to 300bhp.

I will be posting this car in the For Sale section very soon if anyone else is interested!

Rich

I have a mate who is selling his totally immaculate, very very low mileage Classic Uk Turbo 2000.

Its red, totally standard, full subaru service history and located in Fife, I can find out more details for you if you want because he is not on this forum.

With the change you could have some nice mods to see you up to 300bhp.

I will be posting this car in the For Sale section very soon if anyone else is interested!

Rich

i will look out for it in the for sale section, but i would probably prefer a car which has already had the mods done to it.

has anyone got any comments on the 2 cars i put at the start of the post[8-)]

4K spent on an average STI RA

2K spent on suspension and brakes

1K spent on breathing and fuel.

2K spent on a good map ie. MoTec

Hey presto, 10K gone.

Or buy an STI 5/6 if you can find one.

Either way, 10K spent [6]

glad your not my accountant HI SCOOB 4+2+1+2=9

sorry couldn't help myself

4K spent on an average STI RA

2K spent on suspension and brakes

1K spent on breathing and fuel.

2K spent on a good map ie. MoTec

Hey presto, 10K gone.

Or buy an STI 5/6 if you can find one.

Either way, 10K spent [6]

glad your not my accountant HI SCOOB 4+2+1+2=9

sorry couldn't help myself

Point taken [:D]

Look on the bright side. A spare 1K to get her serviced and insured then !!!

if you were looking to spend around 10k and wanted one that was already modded look no further than drb5`s one, its all youll ever need in a scooby

i agree drb5's is a tip top motor and he has constructed a beast[H], however i think for me it would be too many mods and too costly to insure, also i would rather declare as much mods as possible to be on the right side of the law.

Anyway there is no way iam going to see it, coz i would be stupid enough to fall for it and buy it then eat my words[:$]

come on guys ther must be other decent scoobies kicking around at 10k

Dave took me for a spin in this car and its the first scooby that i have been in that pulls hard @3k and keeps going all the way to the rev limit. I would highly recommend anyone to buy this car, its a real cracker.Keith michaels insured my car for £575 all mods declared and i am at 383bhp

JAC

Dave took me for a spin in this car and its the first scooby that i have been in that pulls hard @3k and keeps going all the way to the rev limit. I would highly recommend anyone to buy this car, its a real cracker.Keith michaels insured my car for £575 all mods declared and i am at 383bhp

JAC

£575 with all mods[:o]

you must be getting on for the oldest scooby driver at 95 now and 77 years ncb[:D

i will maybe speak to keith michaels and see what kind of dosh we are talking about

Cheers guys.

The main thing, is really the actual engine stamp ontop of the block and not everyone i know has declared this. Epoxy was used to cover the stamp.....the insurance engineer won't rip your block apart and do some measuring. [:D]

And some insurance companies simply want you to admit it's modified and not even give a list of parts, to up your premium.

I have seen a nice jdm V7 in white, always liked a white scooby! 

At present it is outside my budget however If i manage to get a deal on this one or another white one, i would have to get those pink STI decals on the side of it, has anyone got a picture of a white scoob with STI decals, i think same a Phil Stephens.

is the jdm V7 a good buy or is there any pit falls with this model.

finding a new car is bloody hard, too many choices out there!