bugeye??....or keep the old dog??

been contemplating whether to upgrade to a bugeye or not, went to see one today >>>>media?id=447343880media?id=447343914media?id=447343931

completely standard, 48,000 miles, tracker, alarm/imob.. fsh, new cambelt ect...£7995

would like to try and keep the wagon if i can but ain't got room, some things i want to do to it first.

what do you guys and girls think?,,,would have to increase my loan and extend it to 10 years and means £80 a month more, re-mortgageing next year so could pay all/half off.

mark.[*-)] 

i got to spend money on it, there is a problem with it and can't put my finger on it, waiting for new fuel pump to go in to see if it's under fueling, i've tried changing to a zerosports ecu with 18 psi goes like stink but with the same probs as i did with the std uk ecu as i've put back now, ok untill 3k it seems, then under boost it holds back and just sounds like it's missing and very slow to get a speed up you can't floor it to overtake on dual carrageway, but it's fine off boost, zipping through the multi r'bouts in colchester no sweat..it's boost fine but nothing to show for it!!!

oops i've been waffleing!!!....

i want to keep the old dog but got to get it right ...and make me happy again

Seems to me that if you will not be buying the car with spare cash and it is in standard state, then you will have to loan more money to pay for mods.

Since I an a very boring b*astard and don't like repaying loans, I would have to recommend doing nothing.

Blob eye looks a good car though![;)]

Maybe price is a bit uppish?

I sold a 52 plate (standard) with FSH for £6200 in april 06.

It was clean with plenty of rubber on a set of quality tyres and had no previous owners.

It was a trade in and had done 72,000 miles though.

thanks for the comments..... very sensible one's too!!.......if i ever did go for the bugeye i would still keep the classic but take it off the road and completely clean it up .....underside and all, get it spanking,..but now we have moved i haven't got the room for two cars anymore..so...if i got the bugeye it would set me back an extra £100 a month for finance and insurance....[;)]....i may have to wait till next year when i re-do the mortgages.