Classic Headlights....

(You should get them within 48 hrs CraigYes [Y]

were very fast @ delivering mine.

Gus)

Better be quick ,Gus,i need these NOW what with the dark mornings and evenings runs to work and back. Doesn't help that i've still not accepted the fact i need/must join the specky four eyes brigade.The thought of the slagging at work has me skulking back oot the specsavers shop with the same old excuse" they didnae really suit me" at which wifey makes a "harrumph" sound. Life eh....

craig (four eyes to be).

I still drive in unlit roads with the front fogs on if wet though!

Errr, why? Front fogs in the wet are probably the worst time to use them. They reflect off the wet road and can dazzle oncoming drivers as much as approaching them with full beam on. This is particularly bad with Scoobies as the front fogs are more powerful than most cars.

The Highway Code states:

You MUST NOT

• use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users
  • use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users.

Wet roads don't reduce visibility sufficiently to justify the use of front fogs. Rear fogs maybe if spray is extremely bad, but not front ones. If your visibility to the front is affected so much that you need to use fogs then you're affected by the spray by the car in front of you and therefore too close to it.

Sorry, but unneccessary use of front fogs is a pet hate of mine I thought was restricted to BMW drivers...

""Errr, why? Front fogs in the wet are probably the worst time to use them. They reflect off the wet road and can dazzle oncoming drivers as much as approaching them with full beam on. This is particularly bad with Scoobies as the front fogs are more powerful than most cars.

The Highway Code states:

You MUST NOT

use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users

use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users.

Wet roads don't reduce visibility sufficiently to justify the use of front fogs. Rear fogs maybe if spray is extremely bad, but not front ones. If your visibility to the front is affected so much that you need to use fogs then you're affected by the spray by the car in front of you and therefore too close to it.

Sorry, but unneccessary use of front fogs is a pet hate of mine I thought was restricted to BMW drivers... "

Andy

Dont know if you have a Classic, but the headlights are p!ss poor. I do find, particularly in the wet unlit motorway that its a big difference. The standard fogs do not dazzel other drivers. I have had many behind me and pass me and do not find them bad. Infact I do not find fog lights dazzel me much for most cars. The problem is that if you notice them, its to easy to stare at the oncoming car.

I am rarely flashed by oncoming traffic, so most cant find them to much of a distraction.

Sorry mate, but being able to see and keep the car on the road on dark winter nights is much more important to me that the occational driver getting dazzled for a few seconds.

By the way........you never broke the highway code??? Bet you do every day! lol!