inverness scoobs

cheers to everyone for coming out to play tonight, another evening of fun, mayhem and me getting lost! nice to see some more new faces,hope we didnt scare you off! il stick up some pics when i get a minute. special awards to the fastone for his unbelievable pace in the shed and to steve for revving the tits off his car beside the camper van full of sleeping tourists! [;)]

hmmmm.........petrol prices to fall? no, but all the same was a good meet after we all met up ,after all going different ways, to the same car park. [;)] would have been home faster but these cars kept zooming up behind me thought it was rozzers must just have been steve360!

Nah it wern't steve, he was a bit behind us... that Was Me first of all then Al....  [y]

Yeah, its not about having a Fancy car, its all about how you drive it....  [;)

my favorite quotes from the evening include...

"You would be Leathal with a turbo"

and

"Somebody Keep him away from me please!"

hehehe, thanx for a AMAZING night guys, I think this one will take some beating!!!  [y]  going out for food was a top idea too... the route was ace, and the only thing that would have been nice would be for the weather to piss off somewhere else!!!  [:P]

Also hi to all the new peeps there tonight, was great to meet you, and remember the golden rule, dont set up camp anywhere near 10 andgry Scoobys....  Heheheheh

FPMSL!!!!!!!!  [H][:(][y]

Cheers guys for a great night [Y][Y] and I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say thanks for the warm 'newbie' welcome from the old boys [;)]

As for the happy campers [|-)] [:^)] [:P] [8-)] [:@] [8o|]

The 2nd SIDC Inverness Meet - a few pics taken firstly at Inverness with the old mob phone and then at Urquhart Castle which was not helped by rain there. 

Inv2.jpg

Inv1.jpg

Inv4.jpg

Castle1.jpg

Castle2.jpg

Castle3.jpg

Once again good show chaps [Y] [:(]

Great night guys.  Thanks to everyone for coming along despite the crap weather.  Good to see some new faces.  Hope we can keep building on the numbers!!

Ross - Your RB5 is well mint mate.

Dale - FFS what can I say??  Good show!

Euan - Top man for coming such a long way to make an appearance.  Nice to meet you.

One of the reasons I neaver had anything to meet wa that the establishment we frequented was recently closed down due to finding dead seagulls in their freezers.  Mind you - If you're hungry, you're hungry!!

Hope those campers have forgiven me!!!![:$][:$]

Top route.  Really looking forward to the next one!!![;)]

Great night lads, good to meet up again. Shed?? My erse!! Jesus Dale, ye dinnae half throw that thing about!! I'm sure you've got some secret nos in that bad boy. ;-)

Euan, that was me and Dale trying to catch you up on the 96. You sure made short work of that traffic!

Hope to see everyone again soon,

Al

cracking photos scoobydoom although the last ones a bit colourist isnt it! [:D] amazed they came out so well considering the special weather laid on for us. anyone checked the background to see if nessie made an appearance? im sure she would have heard us all!

has anyone actually seen under the bonnet of dales 'shed' ? i think hes stringing us along, my moneys on a ex wrc engine or gerbils on ecstasy [:D]

i didnt hear that about our eatery steve, but hey ho its always a few less to crap on the motor [:D]

top marks to daz, euan and doom for coming along and keeping up and to  butchers boy for coming out despite finishing work at 7 and staring again at 4!

same again at the start of september?

Heheh, not bad for a 1.8 like eh?  [:D]

I just reckon you turbot boys have nae baws.... [:D][:D]

Nah Only Joking, I just love driving, and LOVE twistie roads, at the end of the day there is nothing fun about driving in a straight line all the time....  [:D]

I'm just the same on a bike, I was riding circles round mostly every 600 that i rode with when I was on my VFR400 and I was pretty much just as quick on the 600 if not perhaps quicker, I never really had it on the road long enough to find out...  [:D]

LIVE FOR THE CORNERS MAN!!! (but always remember to drive within your limits, driving fast is fun, but dying from it is not!!)  [y]

Oh and on another note about that night....

On our last run out, we got diverted on our way back from the run out, due to a fatality on the road....

And this time we passed it on the way out but again the road was closed and we were diverted on the way back, and again due to a fatality...

It looked Pretty horrific as we were driving past...

He may or may not have been still alive as we went past, but, Seems one of the lorry drivers never made it...  [:D]

this was on the Aberdeen Journals website:

08:50 - 17 August 2006

Two people died in separate road crashes last night.

In

Moray, a van driver died in a head-on collision with an articulated

lorry at a notorious blackspot. And in Perthshire a motorcyclist died

after colliding with a car and horsebox.

The Moray accident happened on the A96 between Nairn and Forres near the village of Brodie, at 6.20pm.

Emergency

crews fought to rescue the 26-year-old man who was trapped inside the

delivery vehicle - but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The 69-year-old lorry driver was taken to Dr Gray's Hospital in Elgin with minor injuries and later released.

The road was closed for several hours and diversions were in place as collision investigators examined the scene.

Inspector Mike Thompson said the type of vehicles involved made it a difficult accident to deal with.

"It

is always more difficult when you have somebody trapped as well, but

the fire service were second to none with what they did," he said.

"That takes us up to 37 people killed on the roads this year and it is always sad for the victims and the families concerned.

"There's nothing to suggest at this moment in time that excessive speed was a factor but inquiries are still ongoing."

Grampian Fire and Rescue Service manager for Elgin, Mike Gray, said the crash was one of the worst he had dealt with.

"We

had two crews from Forres on scene to free a male driver. It is

unfortunate that in this case it was a casualty recovery rather than a

casualty rescue, and our condolences go to the family.

"I have

seen quite a few crashes and it probably rated as one of the worst in

the 27 years I have been in the fire service," he added.

Further details are to be released once the man's next of kin have been informed.

The latest crash puts the death toll on Grampian roads to 37 since January. By this time last year it was 30.

Yeah, it was the driver of the TNT van that died.  So young....[:D]

My ex-colleagues at the fire brigade had to attend this one.  I feel for them too in circumstances like this.  Any fatality involving an HGV is likely to be a nasty nasty sight.  Heart goes out to the lads family too.

As you said Dale, that's both nights we've (regrettably) had to deal with some bad news.  Hope this serves as a reminder that the roads can be a dangerous place to be and not necessarily due to our own actions.

Yeah, Like I was saying earlier, Going fast is all fine and well, but know your Limits, all it takes is for you to be a inch over the line by mistake for something else to be there, and yeah, your dead. it might not even be your fault, its the other idiots on the roads that will kill you...

I cant stress this enough, And ive always said to people that Ive ridden out with on the bikes,

***>KNOW YOUR LIMITS<***  If  your not completely comfortable with how your driving then your not safe and you need to slow down, its that simple, I really dont like seeing anything about fatalities on the roads... just coz your mates are nipping on, dont mean you have to...

and Also, As I replyed to a comment on My Livejournal earlier, If its your Time, then Its your time, nothing that you can do about it, just enjoy it whilst you are there! and hope that its painless...

yeah, our runs are all about having fun and making progress in a reasonably safe manner as roads and conditions apply AND also at a pace your happy with,we dont want any of our happy band ending up in an incident. like dale said just because some of us drive like our tails on fire doesnt mean we all have to, although that would probably make dales runs solo most of the time [:D]

I hope you were all displaying your diabled badges at this point???  Then again - some people may see a blue car with gold wheels as showing obvious disability - lol [;)]  Kidding, of course...

Brian [:)]

Hi Guys and Girl's

Just thought I'd let you all know that for people without disabilities, it is a criminal offence to park in disabled bays they can be fined up to £1,000.

I know this as I am a Blue Badge Holder, just wanted to point this out to you all as I dont want to see anyone getting caught out with any fines.

Dougie

thanks for pointing that out dougie, the car park we were in was for a tourist attraction which had been closed for several hours and we were with the cars at all times. they were only put in the bays for the photos then moved. my mum had to use these bays so im aware of not blocking them if theres even a slight chance of someone who needs them being there

dave

Agreed wirth Scooby222.  Also, I feel that we might need to have two groups in future.  One with Fast drivers and one  with slower drivers.  I'm not being funny but I'm pretty much on the limits with you guys and have had a couple of close ones.  (Not afraid to admit it either).  Might have to slow down a bit for the next one....