1st WRX with pics

Couldn't resist and bought it!

Removed manky black decals from the sides etc. Spit and polish but need wheels, dump valve decent tt,changing the morettes to chrystals and the lexus to STI.

I keep managing to set the alarm off. 14 times today whilst polishing.

Some folks are wary of the RR days for their engine. I don't really know much about this car so should I be concerned about putting it on the rollers?

Pete

sti.jpg

stiback1.jpg

stipipe.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

seats.jpg

That looks well smart. FMIC and version 5 seats, what other goodies does it have?

Blitz nurspec 3.5 inch straight through full decat (so loud)

HKS induction kit

Greddy intercooler

Clifford alarm

Short/ quick shift

Really not sure about the rest.

Pete

A couple of things catch the eye.

Pressure exchange solenoid plumbed into itself on the inner wing, possible reason your CEL is on, will be reason your CEL is lit if the ECU is std

Boost solenoid not plumbed in

Phase 1.5 engine

What age is the car?

What ECU is in the footwell, could well be aftermarket if the exchange solenoid is plumbed into itself

re, Rolling Road, i would get the car tested with a wideband unit and det cans before putting it on the rollers to make sure the fuelling is safe enough

A couple of things catch the eye.

Pressure exchange solenoid plumbed into itself on the inner wing, possible reason your CEL is on, will be reason your CEL is lit if the ECU is std

Boost solenoid not plumbed in

Phase 1.5 engine

What age is the car?

What ECU is in the footwell, could well be aftermarket if the exchange solenoid is plumbed into itself

re, Rolling Road, i would get the car tested with a wideband unit and det cans before putting it on the rollers to make sure the fuelling is safe enough

Wow!!

Will check these things out tomorrow. Probably the only question I can answer if K reg. These things are a bit over my head at the minute but I suppose I will learn.

Pete 

b0ll0cks bought mine couple of months back with no service history,130K on clock and white sludge in coolant expansion tank. I`m definatly rr mine. Whats the worst that could happen eh? ............Just give you excuse to do that engine rebuilt you keep thinking about........or is it just me

b0ll0cks bought mine couple of months back with no service history,130K on clock and white sludge in coolant expansion tank. I`m definatly rr mine. Whats the worst that could happen eh? ............Just give you excuse to do that engine rebuilt you keep thinking about........or is it just me

Just you I think Lol. Don't want to think about building an engine when thesquirell555 totally lost me!

Should've said reading 80,000 miles. dials converted 2000.

Just ask Col666....................[;)]

aye, he lost me wee the last bit as weel but it cannae be worse than giving it  a good thrash 

Get a wideband up the cars arse to make sure the fuelling is adequate and someone with some experience to listen through some ear defenders that are connected to the engine, this will let you know if the car is detting.

If after you have done this and the fuelling is adequate and the det cans show up no noise then give the car soe beans till your hearts content

A wideband air to fuel ratio monitor is a very sensitive device that will give an accurate measurement of the Air to Fuel ratio of the mixture being burnt in the engine.  Too lean and it goes like a rocket for 10mins then BANG and too rich will sap a lot of power

Det Cans are a set of ear defenders that are directly connected to the engine block and lets the user of the cans listen for the engine knocking, (detting, knocking and pre-ignition all mean the same)

Looking good mate, Hope its quicker than a T-5 hahaha, hopefully see it at the SDA in fort william if your going. Martin

Were you at Pitfichie? I had a sh*t race. Would've had more chance on a sledge in that mud. Ally has just finished telling me that Scoobs are boring to drive because they hold the road so well! Lol!

I'll be at Fort bill if i can afford the fuel like!

Pete

aye, he lost me wee the last bit as weel but it cannae be worse than giving it  a good thrash 

Get a wideband up the cars arse to make sure the fuelling is adequate and someone with some experience to listen through some ear defenders that are connected to the engine, this will let you know if the car is detting.

If after you have done this and the fuelling is adequate and the det cans show up no noise then give the car soe beans till your hearts content

A wideband air to fuel ratio monitor is a very sensitive device that will give an accurate measurement of the Air to Fuel ratio of the mixture being burnt in the engine.  Too lean and it goes like a rocket for 10mins then BANG and too rich will sap a lot of power

Det Cans are a set of ear defenders that are directly connected to the engine block and lets the user of the cans listen for the engine knocking, (detting, knocking and pre-ignition all mean the same)

Where can I get this done in Aberdeen?

Thanks

Pete