Mc Big One

After discussions at Knockhill on Sataurday with various people, the following details were agreed :

Date : 13th Sept 2003

Venue : Knockhill race track

Time : 09:00 - 13:00 (potentially going on to Karting or suchlike there after and curry / beers)

Costs : All to be determined within the next day or two.

Organisers :

East Scotland : Me (teknopete)

North Scotland : John Stewart

West Scotland : Dougster

Englandshire : position vacant (Lordy / ninnybobs ??)

Any quetions re the event should be directed to one of the above.

A full update will be available as soon as final details are arranged.

OK peebs now we have the date n stuff lets get them names down on the attendee list

attendee list

See u all there

Pete (junior member face-icon-small-happy.gif had 2 rejoin for some reason, but hey bein the new kid on the block suits me)

face-icon-small-wink.gif

Cheers Derek,

No prices yet, what i do know is that track time rates will be our standard trackday costs face-icon-small-wink.gif

Trying to get some vendors interested so we can spread the cost. Looking to get some extra publicity by

charging a minimal fee for wrist bands to entitle spectators to pax laps. The proceeds of which we`ll donate to

charity. Loads to be organised so we may take you ip on the offer of help face-icon-small-wink.gif But in the mean time if u can make

sure everyone at your end of the country knows the date n place that`s a good start.

Talk 2 u soon m8

Pete

We'll need quite a few helping hands on the day to sort out the queues for the passenger laps, man the wristband sales, get some mentions in the press etc to get loads of people along etc.

I'm going to get started with the PR side next week, and also contact some suppliers to see if they want to come along with a stand etc., and perhaps donate some prizes for a raffle.

John

Just a quick update folks,

The event is to run from 08:00 to approx 14:00

Entry is to be free.

There will be raffle tickets on sale at the gate and all through the day with all proceeds going to charity.

So we`d appreciate it if everyone at least buys a couple of tickets on their way in

As the proceeds of the event are for charity there will be wrist bands for sale if you want to have some pax (passanger laps) on track. A wrist band will cost £10 and that entitles you to laps in as many pax cars as you can cram into the day

There`s work in progress ATM on further activities which we are trying to secure for the day, further details will be posted as availble.

A number of competitions will be running on the day,

these are to include :

1. Impreza show and shine

2. Best modded Impreza

3 Best Impreza ICE install

To name but a few, with prizes sponsored by various vendors.

We have received a good response from vendors thus far and a list of attending vendors will be available shortly (for all you folks itching to spend some hard earned)

Incidentally if you are a vendor that we haven`t approached yet and would like to setup a stand please contact me, John S or Doug in the first instance.

Our to man John is currently working on a press release for the event so keep an eye on your local papers.

Like John has said, in order for the event to run smoothly we may need some extra hands, so if you would like to help out on the day please forward your name to one of the afore mentioned.

Thats it for now folks but be sure, this event is happening and it`s upto you how McBig it really is, so spread the word to everyone you know who has a Scoob

L8r

Pete

HELLO PEOPLE,

I'M ON HOLIDAY ON THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF SEPTEMBER.IF YOU NEED A HAND LET ME KNOW.SEEING AS

HOW WE ARE GIVING TO CHARITY AND THERE ARE QUITE A FEW DIABETICS AMONGST US COULD WE GIVE A DONATION TO DIABETES UK?

IF YOU NEED ME GIVES A PHONE

0141 634 1581

07743 863622

BILLY MASONface-icon-small-happy.gif

• 5 weeks later...

It was a superb day out - and many thanks to all those who helped put the day together, and made sure it ran as smoothly as it should.

We also managed to raise an excellent £403 in total for charity, which will be split between Leukaemia Research, and Childhood diabetes research face-icon-small-happy.gif

Many thanks to all those who contributed kindly, in exchange for passenger laps, and for those drivers who willingly took out those passengers.

John

PS There is another similar track event next Sunday from 1pm to 6pm. Contact Town and County in Perth if you wish to book your car onto the track.

Great day ! Again !

Many thanks to the organisers, I took several different passengers out and they all seemed to enjoy the experience, two came out with me again so it couldn't have been too bad.

Not wanting to be negative but am not sure that the passing both sides is a great idea, we have a good safety record with the 'old' pass on the left system and I was involved in two potential incidents with the 'new' system. However nothing bad happened so maybe I am just being over critical.

Anyway, thanks again to all involved.

Murray