Right guys/girls. My Scooby is ready to be tuned again!!! My current spec is:

Impreza WRX 1995

Rebuilt Engine with Cosworth Pistons and Various Other Parts

GGR Full Decat Exhaust

GGR Modified Oil Pump

Uprated Manifold (Dunno which one!)

17" Alloys with Uprated Shocks and Lowered

Scooby 4-Potters

Greddy Profec-A Boost Controller (Oh so shortly....)

I want more POWER!!! Well to be truthful more torque. Soooo £3000 possibly more to spend... What do I have to do??

A few ideas are from www.j-w-racing.co.uk - APS High Output Turbo SR30 or 40?? Either a front mounted intercooler or upgrading the top mount one.

Any other ideas?

I was going to tell you loads of ideas but then you will nick all my ideas for MY95! lol face-icon-small-happy.gif

Have you looked in scoobynet? Loads of info in general technical and drivetrain.

The best thing is to read some posts on there. Its finding the best combination. You can have all the money to buy the top stuff, but its the combination of it all that makes it go that bit better face-icon-small-happy.gif

Its all about compromise. A big tubro and FMIC will give you more power but will also give you more lag. Making the car more peaky. The tricky is to have both. A nice hybrid turbo should give you the best of both worlds.

I thought about upgrading the RA but I like the way it pulls from 2,500 the way my UK pulled from 3,500. Virtually zero lag between gear changes, I didnt want to make the car worse than it is at the moment by shifting all the power and torque 1000rpm further up the range. Peak power in the RA is 6600rpm and still has a fair chunk of power 7000+rpm which gives me a power band of 4500+rpm. Sounds great but there is always a downside, mpg (being one face-icon-small-wink.gif and the short gearing means although I have plenty of revs to play with. The gears flash past. According to the gear ratios 100mph in 4th is on the 7,500 redline and thats done in just over 12 seconds.

That means nail it from a standstill on a private runway and in just over 12 seconds you have done 3 gear changes and used 4 gears. Thats 3 seconds (on average in each gear) and means by the time you have moved you hand to move the gear stick and back to the wheel its time to shift again face-icon-small-happy.gif.

I couldnt believe how mad the RAs rev, good fun though face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Not much help with upgrades this post but its a gentle reminder that you can make cars undriveable if you go OTT.

Your TD05 turbo is better than any standard turbo out there - this has been proven.

Thats why some of the turbo's Andy makes are bigger turbos but the spool up of the TD05 cause they are amazing!

You dont necessary have to change your turbo yet. The TD05 can handle quite a bit of power face-icon-small-smile.gif

TD05 is an RA turbo face-icon-small-happy.gif

Front entry mod is one quite a few people do to it to improve airflow. If you're looking for more power FMIC is definitely a worthy addition but the biggest thing you could do is a propper remap. Autronics make fantastic ECU's that don't cost the earth plus include nice (if turbo destroying) options like anti-lag face-icon-small-happy.gif Go for something totally programmable and you'll be able to make the most of your existing mods. After that I'd guess you'd be looking for bigger injectors and pump, toughening up the block and then more boost face-icon-small-smile.gif

Thought the TD-05 was an RA Turbo.... I have a WRX so won't have that.

Yeah the engine is being strengthened this week!! Costing a fortune but hey!!

Im looking forward to the BBQ too. Depending on if I pull tonight which in the likelyhood is next to impossible! Then no I won't be bringing along a lady friend!!

Be nice to see you all then too!