Tyre opinions and where from in the IOM

Need 4 new ones on the scoob so I'm looking for the best deal on a set of standard 16"s really. Not too bothered about tyre life, most important are grip and price.

Options are:

Eagle F1's - swore by them on the FTO, heard good things about them on scoobs - tend to be pricey though

Toyo's - never tried them but again heard good things, usually slightly cheaper than eagles?

Pilot Sports - never tried them and not heard anything about em, but friend at DMS seems to think he can get me a good deal on them.

and then where from? I usually go to discount wheel n tyre down by tesco - anyone go anywhere else?

Cheers in advance guys n gals!

I have Toyo Proxies and they offer excellent grip and value for money in my opinion! I used to have Pirelli P6000 but they were only 16".

One near Tesco, they might not care if you go to them or not but mention you work for the MEA and you get a discount!!

Or ATS at the end of Pulrose Road have a good bunch of lads in. Get a quote of Tesco guys and then goto ATS. They will sort you out!

Scott's yer man (Discount-wheel & tyre).

IMHO

They now how to look after your wheels, quite important!

I have a set of 4 on wheels (16"s) as well as a set of slicks (Jurby etc)

Remind me on wednesday (150 the lot) i got them from across from a guy(on the forum) who assured me they would fit my type R.

Paid me money plus carriage to get them here, straight up to Jurby for a track session,, guess what, rears would not clear calipers!!!!!

Ah well.

Ta Ta

richard

The new F1s (GSD3) are fantastic. I got them inc vat and fitting from Kwik Fit for £350 with 4 months interest free credit face-icon-small-smile.gif (got to pay for it next month face-icon-small-sad.gif)

Better ride, better grip, quieter and I think they give more feedback. They won last years Evo tyre test.

Kristan, I also have a spare set of tyres (Not trying to nick business off you Heazille!!!)

They are the 16" that I think (?!) were an upgrade when new on the car. They have a brand new (1000Miles) set of tyres on them Pirelli P6000. Looking for £300 (Tyres are worth more than that) and look well good.

This prat here put new tyres on the car, got my new brakes fitted and they didnt go over.... Hence why I now have 17" with a HUGE offset.... Still crying about it now.....

If you want to see them give me a shout! Mobile is 433390 or post on here. You know I am always on!!