Servicing In Hampshire.......

Please don't make me take my beloved MY00 to a certain dealer in Botley Hampshire for it's next service!

I bought the car from them in the first place and was treated like an idiot. I took it back there to have it's scratches and dents sorted out (for free, as i moaned about it for weeks) and it came out with more scratches and dents than it had in the first place!

That, and the half tank of fuel i had in it had mysteriously been reduced to less than a quarter. Hmmm......

Complained (again, coz i'm very, very good at it) and was curtly told by the servicing manager to "f**k off". The letter from my solicitor went unanswered as well.

nice.

So, i'm a little reluctant to use these "people" again.

I'm still well within the warranty period, so can't use independants? any ideas? it's due it's 52500 service very soon and i really must get round to having it's cambelt done but i need that all important dealer stamp in case something goes wrong with it.

any ideas would be appreciated. I would use Subaru-4-u as they are only an hour away from me, but it's that warranty thing again.

Does anyone else have dealer "problems" like this or is it just a "hampshire" thing?

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Well known problems with aforementioned dealer!! face-icon-small-sad.gif

Sadly Mill Lane have recently lost their franchise, so we're looking to write to Subaru UK soon and ask what we're meant to do as aforementioned dealer is now the only one in the County!! face-icon-small-shocked.gif

There's Vale Motors in Yeovil, Lancasters at Pagbourne (sp? - heard a few bad things about them though..) and Concours who are somewhere else......sorry, I don't need to maintain warrenty so havn't checked! face-icon-small-smile.gif

I can do a search for you later though... face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jen

Did your service manager really say "F8ck off" you yourface?? If he had done that to me I would of floored the ******* within seconds......

I never deal with dealerships, use independants but as you say the warranty work is vital. Is it a 3yr 60k warranty anyway? Cos otherwise it might just be worth going elsewhere if there is 52k on it.

If they refuse to reply to a solicitors letter then take them to court. I would!

Best way is to go in with someone else and give them a good threaten I have found. We had a right snotty Mercedes dealership near us and I bought my car from them (As well as the previous 12 in the family) and they refused to speak to me and wouldn't book it in!! So me and the old fella soon sorted that out! The servicing manager was sacked!!! Been great since!

face-icon-small-happy.gif thanks guys, i heard about mill lane losing thier franchise, which leaves a few of us in the lurch really. i bought my car back in March, and it's got an extended warranty, so i've got to be careful (even though it's not quite 100% standard!).

i'm sad to say that the service manager did say that right to my face. The problem is that i spent a few years in the Royal Marines, so if i'd floored him i doubt very much he'd got back up again!

He ignored my phone calls, the sales staff didn't want to know and in the end i stormed round there and he uttered those immortal words. Shakespear it wasn't.......

I was mostly annoyed about the new scratches (deep ones too) that appeared on my rear quarter panel. i know they weren't there when i took it in as i'd washed it previously that day. The problem, according to my solicitor is that it's my word against theirs.

So, if anyone knows a cheap remedy to repairing scratches, i'm all ears!

Anyone in the Southampton district want to start up a new Subaru dealership?

i think the letter to Subaru would be a good idea, especially if the club was behind it (nudge nudge!)

If anyone in the southampton area wants to go for a blast, give me a shout. I'm sooooo bored!

...There's some things about the dealers that are left here: Scoobynet thread face-icon-small-smile.gif Not sure how much help it will be, but I've never used any of them! face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hants Scoobies, the Hampshire part of hte SIDC get up to quite a few things - check out the Hantsscoobies Website ...although I havn't had a chance to update it yet! face-icon-small-happy.gif Hopefully get around to it tonight as I'm on holiday for a week as of tomorrow face-icon-small-smile.gif

Next event is a Treasure Hunt on the 27th details here: Treasure Hunt, or there's our usual pub meet on the second Monday of every month at the Cricketers in Eastleigh - however, I know there's also the Portsmouth thing on the cards and we're all going to the Rally Day in August face-icon-small-smile.gif (well, everyone appart from our regional organiser as he's going to watch the football! )face-icon-small-disgusted.gifface-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

Jen, being a local, do you know anyone who could fit a set of Eibach springs for a reasonable sum?

i can't seem to find anyone locally who is either interested or knows one end of a scoob from the other!

i can find loads of people if i want to spend £1500 on a set of coilovers though!

Mm, not sure - you could try Subaru 4 u or ask Colin our Hants resident mechanic.... not sure how busy he is at the moment and the geometry will need doing afterwards - he's a lovely guy face-icon-small-smile.gif

Can be reached on: c.chivers@ntlworld.com , usually takes him a few days to reply to e-mails though, he's usually out on a mountain bike somewhere! face-icon-small-happy.gif

Good luck - I'm off on holiday for a week now, thought I better mention that as I didn't want to appear rude if I didn't reply to a post face-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

<<

i'm sad to say that the service manager did say that right to my face. The problem is that i spent a few years in the Royal Marines, so if i'd floored him i doubt very much he'd got back up again!

He ignored my phone calls, the sales staff didn't want to know and in the end i stormed round there and he uttered those immortal words. Shakespear it wasn't.......

>>

What a prat!! I know what you mean but ANYONE who tells me to f8ck off has got serious problems....... Would of got your point across though with a moderate slap face-icon-small-wink.gif

Funniest thing was I was in Colours and this guy who was drunk had a go, suddenley he said " You're a tall fella arn't you " oh which I replied "Wait til I stand up" Bar staff were in stiches!

Nice! I'm not short myself (6'2", built like rugby player on steroids, have trouble sqeezing my arse into the car seats etc) but is there anything like a "moderate slap"? not on my planet.

To top it off, i've just discovered i need two new tyres. Jeez, how expensive?

cheapest i can find them for is £92/each (TOYO's) fully fitted in Chandlers Ford.

i think the springs may have to wait for a month or two!

and so my wallet cries even more.......

face-icon-small-sad.gif

I'm the service manager for a large independant garage in Waterlooville,we offer servicing to manufacturers specifications and use original or after market parts.Give me a shout if you need any help.The fitting of coil springs is not a problem although if they are too low then we might not be able to get the car off the ramp afterwards face-icon-small-shocked.gif

We have serviced many Subaru's and are well aware of the 'oil' problems..face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mot's,air-con service/repairs and the latest in lap top diagnostics are also on hand should you need it.

Sorry if it sounds like an advert !!!

steve.

stevemartin.uk@virgin.netft>

hi steve, your a manager of a garage in waterlooville,i live in portsmouth so would be nice to know of a decent local garage to be able to take my car.could you let me know what its called for future reference.cheers boris