HELP! BOFFIN REQUIRED!!

This goes out to the open toed sandal brigade.

I need a computer genius to help me with something for the RB RELAY.

What I need is a map of great britain with the route on it as dictated by me, and the ability for People to pin thier handover takeover points on it. This will be posted by me on the RO sight so that the ROs can plot their handover points.

If you can help Ide be over the moon, I am unable to do such things being a thick squaddie.

Callum W

Wilky, would something like the Members map we have on flickr be useful? I'm not sure if it does routes or not.

Otherwise you'd need something like Autoroute installed on your PC, but only you'd be able to use that for things like pinning points on. The best the ROs could hope for would be you being able to save the map/route etc. as a picture and upload it somewhere.

I'll have a look when I get home to see if it's possible.

Wilky...

This is the kind of thing you can do with Autoroute. MASSIVE amount of fecking about though - perhaps someone who knows how to use the product properly could do it in a 10th of the time.

I picked Sidemoor as the liason point for an RO based purely on it's location south of birmingham and just off the motorway by the way!

This the sort of thing your looking for?

P.S. I used Autoroute then exported the map as an HTML page. This created a gif file, which i converted to a jpg using Photo Impact. This forum software will not allow gif, png or bmp files to upload.

More information can be put on the push pins, like contact names/numbers, length of stay @ meeting points etc.

Lands_End_to_Sidemoor.jpg

Standby Standby.......Exocets inbound!!! You know they are coming and can't do f@ck all about them!!

They'll be scraping your carcass off the deck with a MKII GS shovel like a piece of chewed bubblegum........you quentin!!! face-icon-small-tongue.gif

anyway enough of the merry japes, does the AA or RAC routefinder not have what you need??

Thank you for your efforts oobermeister and Stephen, LHFOJ stop taking the glucose tablets.

Surely there is someone out there who can do this? or am I going to have to sell my soul for english gold (What a phrase, today of all days!! A subaru oil filter to the first person who makes the connection????) And look down south for a solution??

Callum W

<< Thank you for your efforts oobermeister and Stephen, LHFOJ stop taking the glucose tablets.

Surely there is someone out there who can do this? or am I going to have to sell my soul for english gold (What a phrase, today of all days!! A subaru oil filter to the first person who makes the connection????) And look down south for a solution??

Callum W >>

Cause its Burns night, Richard not Rabbie

Stick it in the post mate as i am down to my last 4 filters

Grant