too loud??!!......or ignore the comments and looks...and people sleeping!

Keep it !

I creep out through my lanes at about half six using low revs to try and keep the neighbours happy while the oil is warming up,

but...

In the evening and at the weekends I give it plenty of revs and dump valve so that they can realise I am making an effort to keep the noise down in the mornings.

If the coppers pull you and instruct you to change it, do it then..... its legal till they tell you it aint....

I went throught the same thing, started with a ninja for 6 months but the thing started to drone very loud.

Sold it and bought a nur spec R with bung, sounded MAD without and pi$h with the bung in so sold it and went back to me old faithfull that i had on my old classic.

A nice decat magnex, sound nice ticking over and great when you boot it. Also not to loud when you keep the revs low.

Gordy

all fair comments, missus hates it, but she don't drive!.......i don't boot it like i used to especialy in and around built up areas, and 10 mph getting out of my area, It is a hayward and scott box i think stormy, just renamed by scooby clinic?... it's certainly the one on h&s web site.....my oppinion i hate loud music in cars, all the bass and noise........but if a scooby sounding like mine went past my house to get to the beach right in front of my house........i'll look and think........sounds nice!

must go........pizzas burningface-icon-small-shocked.gif

i'm edging toward keeping it, having doing detour to work this week coz road works , so i'm going through more built up areas, kids look and continue what they were doin, old boys look grumpy but don't look twice, builders on roofs stop working!!,......old bill..........turn around and continue eating douhnutsface-icon-small-smile.gif........just fitted my d/v back on.....sounds great nowface-icon-small-happy.gif....

love the scooby sound and scoobys in general, def not a maxpower nut, save that for the vauxhalls and ford teen drivers,.... not a boy racer,....chav,...or lout,...don't drink,...don't smoke,....i'm 32 and stressed!...untill i get in my scooby.face-icon-small-cool.gif....it's therapy to be proud of driving a great rare car..

cheers, and thank you for all the coments...face-icon-small-wink.gif

got a kakimoto decat system with 5" angled exit which is also very very loud, and I think its great. Fortunatly my neighbours like my car and i dont go mental when i leave so it keeps every one happy....however if I were to recieve a complate about the noise I would reply that it is a saftey feature, because if a pedestian didnt see me, they would without a doubt, hear me !!

down side is i cant hear my music at motorway speeds unless i turn it right up!

yep no cats stopping this one!!...i let my mate drive it again today........and he booted it,.........i was even more shocked!!......1st gear floored to 2nd it made my heart rumble, sounds like a real rally car,...i'll have to get a Db test on it somehow!.........he got out with a big smile almost crying!...first time hes driven a scooby..face-icon-small-shocked.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

is there a bit of kit you can buy in the high street to measure the sound?, or ebay maybe?...i'll have a quick look..

i don't listen to radio much, so that don't worry me!, quick blast tomorrow on A133 to colchester will prove how loud at speed

face-icon-small-shocked.gif.......would go and see andy but won't have time, he told me to get the zorst!!!face-icon-small-happy.gif