too loud??!!......or ignore the comments and looks...and people sleeping!

as above !.........fitted angle exit scooby clinic (hayward & scott) 4.5 inch back box on wednesday.. only used the car for two days now and it's causing a stir!.......i have twin dump de-cat and straight through centre section. anyone else got this set up on a classic?.....i find myself not being able to boot it anymore cause of the deafining din! sounds like proper rally car now, has distingtive "rasp".

my missus hates it.....she can hear it when ive got to the main road which is nearly a mile away!!.....and thats driving quitely!

i like the exhaust but maybe tone it down a bit............re-fit centre section with res.. box on?........ put my cat back on?..........put my old 3.5 inch box back on? which don't give a rumble as such!.............face-icon-small-confused.gif..........

picture of box fitted

i got a TSL firestorm m8y with strait through etc inc GT spec II headers and up pipe at the S/West scoobies meet in october i registerd 103 DB`s on the meter at 4500 rpm and somthing like 114DB`s at top end jamin ratts was i DB below yours and i think you both have same set up m8

TSL do a bung m8y for theyr new zorst so you can be loud when your in the car and put the bung in when the missus is in car lol

lol!!.......sounds great flying through the lanes, just when i get between houses and built up areas, sounds very loud it vibrates my chest!!......had one irrate bloke come up to me at work, recons he could do a proper job on it so it don't wake him in the morning......but in different words!.... ( i work on a caravan park)..

i do like the firestorm but could also prove too loud? can't be bothered with bungs!! thought of taking it to my mates steel fabricators to see if they could reduce the 4.5" tip to say 3.5"/ 4"and quiten it down!!??face-icon-small-confused.gif don't know if that would work.

i will try a few more days and see how it goes!......only seen one copper since and they just glared at me going the other direction.......will upset all the old biddies tomorrow at walton on naze boot sale, dropping off other half while i do some real workface-icon-small-wink.gif......cheers boys!............keep your oppinions coming,!

even my boss comented this morning,"i heard you coming through town!" which is nearly a mile away! and only doing 20 mph.......really hard to keep it quite at low speed. i haven't heard a scooby the same, my mates uk 300 with the tsl 333 pack on it is loud and sounds stunning, but this sounds different, i just wish i could get to a meet to get on spot oppinions!!.....wondering if my other mate can knock up somthing to bung it without looking to silly...i lost my foot in it and it sounded great!!face-icon-small-happy.gif

admittingly i let a work collegue drive it round the van park and it looked and sounded awsome coming down the road at 15 mph...........menacing is the word i thinkface-icon-small-happy.gif

Thats why I sold my Vortex as it was too loud especially at 3am when I get up for work.

I tried all sorts to quieten it down from fitting various catted sections back on to trying a resonated centre section.

I loved the sound but the wife hated it on long journeys and definatly on the motorways as it used to drone badly.Plus the neighbours started making a few comments and as one had just had a new baby I did the right thing.

The one I have on now is nice but I'm starting to look again,I fancy the Ninja this time round same sound track as the Vortex but not so loud(I hope)

If i remember mate, H & S will make a bung for you for that zorst. i have the same style as yours but the afterburner vortexface-icon-small-happy.gif. they sound the dogs. was next to a standard my05 STi today and you couldn't hear it, to quiet for me. when mine starts in the drive the windows rattleface-icon-small-happy.gif. be loud and proud.

Lee