Best Oil?

Jenni

Hi Jenni,

Ours is running Castrol Magnetec, some people say use other oils but dealer uses it and had no problems, know some dealers use other oils, may be an idea to ring your dealer and ask what's in it.

Be very careful not to overfill, leave just below the max, if you overfill, it can contaminate the MAF sensor and cause engine problems.

Cheers

Paul

Cheers Rasher, much appreciated.

I've searched under Oil and now have a better idea of what grade to buy. Probably going to go with 10w/50, 10w/40(?) or the most synthetic(?). Will top-up very carefully though!!

I'll probably post a thread next week saying "I've wrecked my engine!" fingers crossed I will be ok.

Thanks again.

I took my car back to the garage I bought it from as it's still under warranty. The front skirt had come away slightly, so I got that fixed and mentioned what Oil they had put in the car. They use Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 semi synthetic and they topped it up for me.

Bonus!! face-icon-small-happy.gif

Graham Walker had MOT'd and Serviced the car before I bought it and I haven't had any problems as yet, mind you I've only had it 2 months! I've always found the customer care and service really good.

It's only down the road from where I work in Chester and I know them quite well now, so if you need me to query anything just let me know.