Best/ favourite chippie

After reading the post about salt n vinegar, it got me thinking and i didnt want 2 hijack 2559B's thread

Wheres ur favourite chippie, or the best chippie uve found. Im finding it hard to get a decent supper these days

Best ive had have been the Ashvale in Aberdeen and always a place to stop after Crail, is the Anstruther BELTER! face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jims chip van that used tae come roond the doors when I stayed in Blackridge!(I think he does the cooncil hoose estates in Armadale and Whitburn tae!) Always made fresh for you. The best!!!face-icon-small-happy.gif

On the road it must be the chipper @ the Beach end of Pittodrie in Aberdeen. The fish is still flappin man!!! Or is it that the three oor bus trip fae West Lothian has made me drink too much spicy colaface-icon-small-confused.gifface-icon-small-confused.gifface-icon-small-tongue.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

Gusface-icon-small-happy.gif

my fav chippy at the mo is Sizzlers in Airdrie, their chips are magic, no grease and the fish!? all freshly prepared - gorgeous!! face-icon-small-happy.gif

i think u can always tell a good chippy by the size of the queue............. bigger the queue better the chippy!!

Sizzlers always has a queue as everything is freshly prepared mmm anyone having a chippy tonight then? i think i am!! face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

<< my fav chippy at the mo is Sizzlers in Airdrie, their chips are magic, no grease and the fish!? all freshly prepared - gorgeous!! face-icon-small-happy.gif

i think u can always tell a good chippy by the size of the queue............. bigger the queue better the chippy!!

Sizzlers always has a queue as everything is freshly prepared mmm anyone having a chippy tonight then? i think i am!! face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif >>

Is that the one near Airdrie Fitba Club?

Dalmanure chris? You sure??!!!??

There's a chip van that parks up near oor hoose on a Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. Queue is always long, even in the pi$hin rain.

I hate it when you get to the front of the queue and they say "Just waiting for chips" Argghhhhh!!!

That one just as you come into Harthill from Whitburn used to be good and had huge queues, but i haven't been there for ages.

There's a good one in South Queensferry too, right on the bend where the road narrows before the big carpark. Plenty of broon sauce!

Did the owner not hang himself or something Gus? Seem to remember some story kicking about years ago....

There is a chippy in Linlithgow thats quite good too, right on the main street. Wish i could remember the names of things!

I've had too many suppers.....

How about a spicey haggis supper from Tony's in Whitburn? Yum yum

Chris is talking of Maxim's in Dalmuir (the place pongs a bit in the summer due to the sewage works). It's where I stop of on occassion. Danny's the chinese next door does fantastic chicken balls as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ullapool chippy is as good as any but for full effect a fish supper needs to be eaten at the seaside!!!

<< And there's one in Falkirk too, Ben & something. Used to be a used-car sales place on the same ground before the chippy was built.

They have an advertising board @ the new Falkirk football ground >>

Benny T's ???

Was there the other week....Black pudding supper & a tub of curry sauce - Lovely!! face-icon-small-happy.gif

<< That one just as you come into Harthill from Whitburn used to be good and had huge queues, but i haven't been there for ages. >>

Andy i think that one is called "sarah's" everytime ally and i pass that chippy ally says "that's a good chippy" but never had one from there or seen big queues so won't be able to comment on it! face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jodi